2002-04-22 22:28:23

by James Simmons

Subject: fbdev BK tree ready for testing.

Hi!

I just finished sending up the last large change I like to send to
Linus for the framebuffer changes. Since I can't test all the
possible hardware there I like to ask people to test the BK
tree out. Once I have positive reports I like to merge it with Linus BK
tree. Thank you.

http://fbdev.bkbits.net/fbdev-2.5

. ---
|o_o |
|:_/ | Give Micro$oft the Bird!!!!
// \ \ Use Linux!!!!
(| | )
/'_ _/`\
___)=(___/

2002-04-23 12:20:53

by Jes Sorensen

Subject: Re: fbdev BK tree ready for testing.

James> Hi!

James> I just finished sending up the last large change I like to
James> send to Linus for the framebuffer changes. Since I can't test
James> all the possible hardware there I like to ask people to test
James> the BK tree out. Once I have positive reports I like to merge
James> it with Linus BK tree. Thank you.

James> http://fbdev.bkbits.net/fbdev-2.5

ARGH

If you want people to test out the patches, posting a bitkeeper only
URL is totally unreasonable!

This is exactly what caused the long flame on linux-kernel the other
day ;-(

Jes

2002-04-23 18:20:08

by James Simmons

> James> http://fbdev.bkbits.net/fbdev-2.5
>
> ARGH
>
> If you want people to test out the patches, posting a bitkeeper only
> URL is totally unreasonable!
>
> This is exactly what caused the long flame on linux-kernel the other
> day ;-(

:-(

Here is a standard diff patch against 2.5.9.

http://www.transvirtual.com/~jsimmons/new_fbdev.diff.gz

Please test it out. Patches welcomed.