2000-04-23 03:34:49

by Rik van Riel

Subject: Re: Scheduler

On Sat, 22 Apr 2000 [email protected] wrote:

> I am currently in the process of deciphering the function
> hierarchy of the Linux scheduler ("sched.c"). I was wondering
> if you would happen to know where I could get my hands on a flow
> chart of the functions in this file ("sched.c")?

http://www.surriel.com/lectures/

The kernel tour lecture explains the gist of the scheduler
in 4 slides. Once you understand those you'll be able to
look at the real code without getting lost...

regards,

Rik
of people. That is its real strength.

Wanna talk about the kernel? irc.openprojects.net / #kernelnewbies
http://www.conectiva.com/ http://www.surriel.com/