2000-11-03 06:06:39

by David Ford

Subject: [bug] NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out

Ok, something happend to the tulip driver in the recent testN kernels.
I haven't found a reason why it happens and I can't easily reproduce it
but what happens is noted on the subject line.

I have three machines now that do this. It's unfixable until reboot (I
don't have these as modules).

I have a suspicion that it's triggered by large amounts of traffic. My
brother feels he is able to trigger it repeatedly by doing big transfers
between a w9x box and a linux box.

-d

--
"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an
eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was

Attachments:
david.vcf (239.00 B)
Card for David Ford

2000-11-03 06:20:03

by David Ford

Subject: Re: [bug] NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out

Dan Hollis wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, David Ford wrote:
> > Ok, something happend to the tulip driver in the recent testN kernels.
> > I haven't found a reason why it happens and I can't easily reproduce it
> > but what happens is noted on the subject line.
> > I have three machines now that do this. It's unfixable until reboot (I
> > don't have these as modules).
>
> What card, linksys lne100tx?
>
> -Dan

yep

00:13.0 Ethernet controller: Lite-On Communications Inc LNE100TX (rev 20)
Subsystem: Netgear FA310TX
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
Latency: 32 set
Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 10
Region 0: I/O ports at 6200 [size=256]
Region 1: Memory at e4001000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=256K]

-d

--
"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an
eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was
'committed'."

Attachments:
david.vcf (239.00 B)
Card for David Ford

2000-11-03 06:21:13

by Dan Hollis

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, David Ford wrote:
> Dan Hollis wrote:
> > On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, David Ford wrote:
> > > Ok, something happend to the tulip driver in the recent testN kernels.
> > > I haven't found a reason why it happens and I can't easily reproduce it
> > > but what happens is noted on the subject line.
> > > I have three machines now that do this. It's unfixable until reboot (I
> > > don't have these as modules).
> > What card, linksys lne100tx?
> yep

Im working on this problem as we speak.