2000-11-07 23:29:40

by David Luyer

Subject: linux-2.4.0-test10 and X4.0.1 don't like each other on Libretto 110CT

I'm having problems with X 4.0.1 and 2.4.0-test kernels on a Toshiba Libretto
110CT. Is this likely to be related to a known problem or can someone
recommend some random intermediate kernel versions to try (binary elimination
avoiding known-bad kernel versions...)?

H/w: Toshiba Libretto 110CT (NM2160), Xircom CEM336 modem/ethernet
S/w: Debian woody as at Wed Nov 8, with old xserver-svga package for testing

Kernel xserver-xfree86 4.0.1-1 xserver-svga 3.3.6-10
2.4.0-test10 Fail OK
2.4.0-test4pre3 Fail OK
2.2.15 (Debian build) OK OK

"Fail" here means X startup results in a blank LCD, unable to switch to
text consoles either, SAK results in a screen full of previous graphics-mode
display on LCD, even if it was pre-reboot, at that screen it is possible to
type (although not to see the result), login, reboot the system, try a
different version of X, etc (as long as you can remember what you've typed).

Thanks for any help,
David.

2000-11-07 23:43:59

by Miles Lane

You must upgrade to the latest release: 4.0.1e

The fix for this problem went into 4.0.1d, but since you
need to upgrade, you might as well get the latest code.

Miles