2000-12-18 16:06:58

by M Sweger

Subject: linux 2.2.19pre1 oops on cpuid

Hi,
I have linux 2.2.19pre1 and have compiled the cpuid as a module. The
kernel will oops if the cpuid module isn't loaded and one does
/cat/dev/cpu/0/cpuid or /cat/dev/cpu/1/cpuid.

Question: Is it possible to update the ksymoops utility to a
newer version vs. the one supplied which is v0.6?

Question: When the cpuid module is loaded and I do a
cat/dev/cpu/0/cpuid it gives me a code "C" forover. What does this code
mean. I'm stil new to what it will be used for. Moreover, is there
a list of all the possible code values it may take on for intel
processors vs. other processor types?

Thanks

2000-12-19 09:54:15

by Keith Owens

Subject: Re: linux 2.2.19pre1 oops on cpuid

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000 10:35:58 -0500 (EST),
M Sweger <[email protected]> wrote:
> Question: Is it possible to update the ksymoops utility to a
> newer version vs. the one supplied which is v0.6?

Read the warning message. ksymoops is separate from the kernel after 2.2.

WARNING: This version of ksymoops is obsolete.
WARNING: The current version can be obtained from ftp://ftp.<country>.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/ksymoops