2001-04-05 00:09:58

by Michael Shiloh

Subject: MPEG-2 decoding driver for Trident Cyberblade i7

Hello,

Searching on the web, I see a few question but no answers
to the question of whether a driver exists that can utilize
the MPEG-2 hardware assist feature of the Trident
Cyberblade i7.

Any pointers?

Thanks
Michael

2001-04-05 00:30:02

by Alan

> Searching on the web, I see a few question but no answers
> to the question of whether a driver exists that can utilize
> the MPEG-2 hardware assist feature of the Trident
> Cyberblade i7.
>
> Any pointers?

That would be part of the XFree 4 server if supported on that card yet. The
hardware scalers/YUV for several cards are supported by XFree 4.0 and the
xv extension. Players such as xine wil use that if present.

So its an XFree question..