2001-07-24 17:01:22

by Jan Kasprzak

Subject: 2.4.7 cyclades-Y crash

Hello,

I've tried to move my serial console & modem server to the 2.4 kernel.
It has two Cyclades-Y cards - one ISA Cyclom 8Yo, and another Cyclom YeP (PCI,
connected to 16-port box). The 2.4.7 kernel crashes when initializing the
cyclades driver (either as a module or a built-in driver). I've tried
the stock kernel from Red Hat 7.1, and the cyclades.o module causes the
system to lock up when loaded.

Has anybody the cyclades.o driver working with 2.4?

Thanks,

-Yenya

--
\ Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak <kas at fi.muni.cz> http://www.fi.muni.cz/~kas/
\\ PGP: finger kas at aisa.fi.muni.cz 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E //

2001-07-24 17:17:52

by Alan

Subject: Re: 2.4.7 cyclades-Y crash

> connected to 16-port box). The 2.4.7 kernel crashes when initializing the
> cyclades driver (either as a module or a built-in driver). I've tried
> the stock kernel from Red Hat 7.1, and the cyclades.o module causes the
> system to lock up when loaded.

Is this an SMP box ?

2001-07-24 20:30:00

by Greg Ingram

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Jan Kasprzak wrote:

> Has anybody the cyclades.o driver working with 2.4?

I've got cyclades.o loaded as a module with kernel 2.4.0-test12.

- Greg

2001-07-26 11:04:13

by Jan Kasprzak

Alan Cox wrote:
: > connected to 16-port box). The 2.4.7 kernel crashes when initializing the
: > cyclades driver (either as a module or a built-in driver). I've tried
: > the stock kernel from Red Hat 7.1, and the cyclades.o module causes the
: > system to lock up when loaded.
:
: Is this an SMP box ?

No. Pentium 233 MMX, 32M RAM, RedHat 7.1. Can this be a compiler
problem?

-Y.

--
\ Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak <kas at fi.muni.cz> http://www.fi.muni.cz/~kas/
\\ PGP: finger kas at aisa.fi.muni.cz 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E //
\\\ Czech Linux Homepage: http://www.linux.cz/ ///
--Just returned after being 10 days off-line. Sorry for the delayed reply.--

2001-07-26 12:04:37

by Alan

> Alan Cox wrote:
> : > connected to 16-port box). The 2.4.7 kernel crashes when initializing the
> : > cyclades driver (either as a module or a built-in driver). I've tried
> : > the stock kernel from Red Hat 7.1, and the cyclades.o module causes the
> : > system to lock up when loaded.
> :
> : Is this an SMP box ?
>
> No. Pentium 233 MMX, 32M RAM, RedHat 7.1. Can this be a compiler
> problem?

Don't think so. The reason I asked was there were locking fixes to it, but
they wouldnt impact non SMP users. Does 2.4.6 work ?