2001-10-24 21:12:46

by Ken Moffat

Subject: Depmod errors with fs modules, 2.4.12-ac3

I got the attached errors (in lockd.o, nfs.o, nfsd.o) tonight. Kernel is
2.4.12-ac3 with the preemptive patch.

Ken
--
If a six turned out to be nine, I don't mind.

Home page : http://www.kenmoffat.uklinux.net

Attachments:
depmod.errors (1.84 kB)

2001-10-24 21:20:16

by Mike Fedyk

Subject: Re: Depmod errors with fs modules, 2.4.12-ac3

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 10:11:10PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> I got the attached errors (in lockd.o, nfs.o, nfsd.o) tonight. Kernel is
> 2.4.12-ac3 with the preemptive patch.

Strange, I've used that kernel with nfs modules without problems. Do you
have nfsV3 enabled?

What about compiler version, and .config?

2001-10-25 05:00:59

by Ken Moffat

Sorry, config now attached. Compiler is gcc3.0. It looks as if I've built
nfsv3 into the kernel, with nfs as modules, I'll give it another go
tomorrow with it all as modules. (I was trying to get ready to use nfs,
guess I didn't quite get the .config right.)

Ken

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Mike Fedyk wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 10:11:10PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> > I got the attached errors (in lockd.o, nfs.o, nfsd.o) tonight. Kernel is
> > 2.4.12-ac3 with the preemptive patch.
> >

> Strange, I've used that kernel with nfs modules without problems. Do you
> have nfsV3 enabled?
>
> What about compiler version, and .config?

--
If a six turned out to be nine, I don't mind.

Home page : http://www.kenmoffat.uklinux.net

Attachments:
2412ac3config (23.25 kB)