2001-11-02 22:55:35

by Riley Williams

Subject: DVD's under Linux

Hi all.

Where would I get information on playing DVD's under Linux and X?

Best wishes from Riley.

2001-11-02 23:05:55

by Alistair Riddell

Subject: Re: DVD's under Linux

try http://www.opendvd.org

--
Alistair Riddell - BOFH
IT Manager, George Watson's College, Edinburgh

2001-11-03 17:30:49

by Gábor Lénárt

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 10:54:06PM +0000, Riley Williams wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Where would I get information on playing DVD's under Linux and X?
>
> Best wishes from Riley.

IMHO it's not a kernel related topic. However, for example mplayer and
ogle can play DVDs. mplayer is a great piece of software (ah yeah, I'm
a developer of it :), but the DVD support is very basic but mplayer can
play very large set of common movie formats as well. Ogle is a dedicated
DVD player AFAIK, sometimes it's very hard to get work especially for
beginners, but it handles for example DVD menues as well.

- Gabor