2001-11-26 19:49:02

by Oliver Xymoron

Subject: Looking for SCSI test harness

Anyone have a tool to put a SCSI disk/driver through its paces? I'm
looking for something that can be used for regression testing.

by Marcelo Tosatti

Subject: Re: Looking for SCSI test harness

Cerberus (stress tool, you can probably find it at freshmeat.net) you can
has a SCSI burn test...

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Oliver Xymoron wrote:

> Anyone have a tool to put a SCSI disk/driver through its paces? I'm
> looking for something that can be used for regression testing.

2001-11-26 20:07:41

by Oliver Xymoron

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> Cerberus (stress tool, you can probably find it at freshmeat.net) you can
> has a SCSI burn test...

Thanks, I'll take a closer look at that, but I think I'm more interested
in something that aims for coverage of the SCSI command set.

> On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Oliver Xymoron wrote:
>
> > Anyone have a tool to put a SCSI disk/driver through its paces? I'm
> > looking for something that can be used for regression testing.

by Andre Hedrick

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Oliver Xymoron wrote:

> Anyone have a tool to put a SCSI disk/driver through its paces? I'm
> looking for something that can be used for regression testing.
>
> --
> "Love the dolphins," she advised him. "Write by W.A.S.T.E.."

One day I will get around to fixing SCSI to have a low-level diagnostic
entry point for a test suite, but not time right now ... sorry.

Regards,

Andre Hedrick
CEO/President, LAD Storage Consulting Group
Linux ATA Development
Linux Disk Certification Project

2001-11-26 20:38:56

by Oliver Xymoron

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Andre Hedrick wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Oliver Xymoron wrote:
>
> > Anyone have a tool to put a SCSI disk/driver through its paces? I'm
> > looking for something that can be used for regression testing.
>
> One day I will get around to fixing SCSI to have a low-level diagnostic
> entry point for a test suite, but not time right now ... sorry.

I think the sg interface is actually sufficient for my purposes.