2001-12-09 18:13:42

by victor1 torres

Subject: Oops on 2.4.17-pre6 at boot time

I comp?led the kernel and the modules but on my computer it would just hang
and not get past the >Uncompressing Linux. Ok kernel booting<
And after that it just lock?s my computer.

by Marcelo Tosatti

Subject: Re: Oops on 2.4.17-pre6 at boot time

Could you please give more details?

Which machine do you have, how have you compiled your kernel, which
kernel worked previously, etc...

On Sun, 9 Dec 2001, victor1 torres wrote:

> I comp?led the kernel and the modules but on my computer it would just hang
> and not get past the >Uncompressing Linux. Ok kernel booting<
> And after that it just lock?s my computer.

2001-12-09 19:03:11

by victor1 torres

I have a Celeron 567 compiled for a i686 The previse kernel was 2.4.16 which
worked correctly. These are my steps: downloaded the patch, patched kernel
2.4.16 to 2.4.17-pre6 mv my config file out of the way so that i could do a
make mrproper and a make clean then i moved my config file back and did a
make menuconfig saved it and did a make bzImage && make modules && make
modules_install I have a i810E grahpics board i810 Audio & Modem(Which
doesn?t work) USB Hud, ACPI(which worked fine in 2.4.16) anything else I?ll
be happy to give any other details.