2001-07-04 17:17:28

by David Balazic

I noticed 4 out of 5 LKML web archives listed in the FAQ
are down as of today.

They are listed in the LKML FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/ :

1. http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/index.html
this is the only on that works for me. It is missing most of
todays messages. I guess is is not updated in real time.

2. http://boudicca.tux.org/hypermail/linux-kernel/
This one is inaccessible for several days.
( gives a connection timeout )

3. http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel
The site says :
Due to another 3Ware-driver-related system crash, marc.theaimsgroup.com and lists.kde.org are down.

4. http://kernelnotes.org/lnxlists/linux-kernel/
Inaccessible site.
( gives a connection timeout )

5. http://web.gnu.walfield.org/mail-archive/linux-kernel
The site responds , but is empty. There are no messages archived.

Conspiracy theories ?

--
David Balazic
--------------

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 07:17:08PM +0200, David Balazic wrote:
> I noticed 4 out of 5 LKML web archives listed in the FAQ
> are down as of today.

Here is another one that updates in real time but doesn't support
thread mode: http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/Linux/35/0/ .

Erik

Delft University of Technology, PO BOX 5031, 2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-15-2783635 Fax: +31-15-2781843 Email: [email protected]

by Håvard Kvålen

David Balazic <[email protected]> writes:

> I noticed 4 out of 5 LKML web archives listed in the FAQ are down as
> of today.

I guess the FAQ needs updating. Here is one that seems to work:

--
H?vard Kv?len

2001-07-05 07:35:31

by Samuli Kaski

If you don't require any fancy web features the one at our department
seems pretty uptodate & functional.

http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/linux/linux-kernel/

Samuli