2001-11-21 10:50:51

by Roberto Fichera

Subject: SDK for iPAQ

Hi All,

I need to know where can I download a complete native SDK for iPAQ (not a
cross-compiler).
I need to get a native development tools because I want recompile
some applications that perform some gcc tests like configure.

This development tools should be mounted from an external share like nfs or
smbfs
because there isn't enough space on the iPAQ, right ?

And finally, does anyone know if smbfs works well on iPAQ ?

Thanks very much.

Roberto Fichera.

2001-11-21 11:21:31

by Ryan Sweet

Subject: Re: SDK for iPAQ

See http://www.handhelds.org.

> This development tools should be mounted from an external share like nfs or
> smbfs
> because there isn't enough space on the iPAQ, right ?

nfs is used typically, though if you only want to compile, and don't have
easy access to an ipaq, you can use the skiff cluster, from compaq; see
handhelds.org (as above) and search for skiff cluster.

> And finally, does anyone know if smbfs works well on iPAQ ?

yes, it does. You will have to install the samba ipkg.

--
Ryan Sweet <[email protected]>
Atos Origin Engineering Services