2002-11-28 18:12:23

by Adam Belay

Subject: Possible Linux Theme Song :)

Hi Linus,

I just ran across this song, recorded by Lyle Lovett. As you can see, he really
likes penguins. If you'd like to hear the song, I'd be glad to send you a tape.

Best Wishes,
Adam

Album: I Love Everybody
Title: Penguins

I go for Penguins
I don't go for fancy cars
For diamond rings
Or movie stars
I go for penguins
Oh Lord I go for penguins

Throw your money out the door
We'll just sit around
And watch it snow
I go for penguins
Oh Lord I go for penguins

Penguins are so sensitive
Penguins are so sensitive
Penguins are so sensitive
To my needs
To my needs
To my needs
To my needs
--Lyle Lovett

2002-11-28 18:23:17

by Wakko Warner

Subject: Re: Possible Linux Theme Song :)

> I just ran across this song, recorded by Lyle Lovett. As you can see, he really
> likes penguins. If you'd like to hear the song, I'd be glad to send you a tape.

I think I'm loosing my Herring...

> Album: I Love Everybody
> Title: Penguins
>
> I go for Penguins
> I don't go for fancy cars
> For diamond rings
> Or movie stars
> I go for penguins
> Oh Lord I go for penguins
>
> Throw your money out the door
> We'll just sit around
> And watch it snow
> I go for penguins
> Oh Lord I go for penguins
>
> Penguins are so sensitive
> Penguins are so sensitive
> Penguins are so sensitive
> To my needs
> To my needs
> To my needs
> To my needs
> --Lyle Lovett
> -

by Dimitrie O. Paun

On November 28, 2002 08:22 am, Adam Belay wrote:
> I go for penguins
> Oh Lord I go for penguins
>
> Penguins are so sensitive
> Penguins are so sensitive
> Penguins are so sensitive
> To my needs
> To my needs

That's sick and perverted!

Whatever happened to sheep and goats?!? :)))

--
Dimi.

2002-11-28 18:39:49

by Michael Vergoz

Wakko Warner wrote:

>>I just ran across this song, recorded by Lyle Lovett. As you can see, he really
>>likes penguins. If you'd like to hear the song, I'd be glad to send you a tape.
>>

>I think I'm loosing my Herring...
>

>>Album: I Love Everybody
>>Title: Penguins
>>
>>I go for Penguins
>>I don't go for fancy cars
>>For diamond rings
>>Or movie stars
>>I go for penguins
>>Oh Lord I go for penguins
>>
>>Throw your money out the door
>>We'll just sit around
>>And watch it snow
>>I go for penguins
>>Oh Lord I go for penguins
>>
>>Penguins are so sensitive
>>Penguins are so sensitive
>>Penguins are so sensitive
>>To my needs
>>To my needs
>>To my needs
>>To my needs
>>--Lyle Lovett
>>-
>>To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
>>the body of a message to [email protected]
>>More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
>>Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/

stop drug :P

2002-11-28 18:51:17

by Dave Mielke

[quoted lines by Adam Belay on November 28, 2002, at 13:22]

>Oh Lord I go for penguins

[Leviticus 18:23]: "Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself
therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto:
it {is} confusion."

[Leviticus 20:15-16]: "And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to
death: and ye shall slay the beast. And if a woman approach unto any beast, and
lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely
be put to death; their blood {shall be} upon them."

[Romans 1:32]: "Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such
things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them
that do them."

--
Dave Mielke | 2213 Fox Crescent | I believe that the Bible is the
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario | Word of God. Please contact me

2002-11-28 21:40:47

by Dan Kegel

Adam wrote:
> I just ran across this song, recorded by Lyle Lovett. As you can see, he really
> likes penguins. If you'd like to hear the song, I'd be glad to send you a tape.

A couple years ago, TiVo had a contest where they asked people to
write essays about why they deserved a TiVo; they gave away ten a day for a while.
My entire entry was:

> There are about a zillion reasons why I want TiVo- here are the top ten:
>
> 10. My fiancee loves TV.
> 9. I hate commercials.
> 8. We have three favorite shows, but are often out when they're on.
> 7. I will forever kick myself for not taping all the episodes of Baylon 5.
> 6. Want to make commercial-free tapes of "Sex in the City" for our friend who doesn't have cable.
> 5. I'm tired of tapes getting caught in the VCR.
> 4. I can't stand the channel guide on our cable system.
> 3. I want to be able to single-step through Republican presidential commercials.
> 2. TiVo runs Linux, and I go for penguins.
> 1. No more blinking 12:00!

(#2 was a reference to the Lyle Lovett song.)

I won the TiVo.
- Dan