2000-12-21 09:32:40

by Mike A. Harris

Subject: Unknown PCI device?

Anyone know what this is?

00:07.3 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc.: Unknown device 3050 (rev 30)
Flags: medium devsel

Kernel 2.2.18 + IDE patches.

Mike A. Harris - Linux advocate - Open source advocate
This message is copyright 2000, all rights reserved.
Views expressed are my own, not necessarily shared by my employer.

Press every key to continue.

2000-12-21 09:38:00

by Thierry Vignaud

Subject: Re: Unknown PCI device?

"Mike A. Harris" <[email protected]> writes:

> Anyone know what this is?
>
> 00:07.3 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc.: Unknown device 3050 (rev 30)
> Flags: medium devsel

if its pci id is 0x11063050, then it's a VIA Power Management Controller.

2000-12-21 09:43:50

by Mike A. Harris

On 21 Dec 2000, Thierry Vignaud wrote:

>Date: 21 Dec 2000 10:07:12 +0100
>From: Thierry Vignaud <[email protected]>
>To: Mike A. Harris <[email protected]>
>Subject: Re: Unknown PCI device?
>
>"Mike A. Harris" <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> Anyone know what this is?
>>
>> 00:07.3 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc.: Unknown device 3050 (rev 30)
>> Flags: medium devsel
>
>if its pci id is 0x11063050, then it's a VIA Power Management Controller.

00:07.3 Class 0600: 1106:3050 (rev 30)
Flags: medium devsel

Yip. Someone might want to update the PCI ID db, or whatever
with that..

Mike A. Harris - Linux advocate - Open source advocate
This message is copyright 2000, all rights reserved.
Views expressed are my own, not necessarily shared by my employer.

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence.
-- Jeremy S. Anderson

2000-12-21 19:10:14

by Bruce Korb

"Mike A. Harris" wrote:
> >> Anyone know what this is?
> >>
> >> 00:07.3 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc.: Unknown device 3050 (rev 30)
> >> Flags: medium devsel
> >
> >if its pci id is 0x11063050, then it's a VIA Power Management Controller.
>
> 00:07.3 Class 0600: 1106:3050 (rev 30)
> Flags: medium devsel
>
> Yip. Someone might want to update the PCI ID db, or whatever
> with that..

If this were to be adopted:

ftp://autogen.linuxave.net/pub/PCIDEV.tgz

I would finish it so that there would be one and only one place to
update for any and all PCI devices for 2.2, 2.4 and any other
kernel. However, it would take several days and I won't do it
unless there were some reasonable chance for adoption. The
referenced implementation only covers the 2.4 kernel:

1. the list of PCI manufacturers and devices
2. the IDE controllers

still to do would be the dispatch tables for other kinds of
devices, the tables for the 2.2 kernel and the device information
for the non-IDE dispatch tables. (The latter being the hard
[time consuming] part. Creating the tables from the data is
easy.)

Once this is all done, both the 2.2 and 2.4 (and future) kernels
would be kept up to date by updating a single database and regenerating
the tables.