2001-02-01 16:03:05

by Chris Meadors

Subject: Quotas not updating.

I'm running 2.4.1 (had been using 2.4.0 since it was released) with quota
2.00 on an ext2 filesystem mounted as /home.

When a file is created or deleted from the file system the quota usage is
not updated. If I run a "quotacheck -a" everything gets updated, but
quickly after as mail is delivered or what ever the numbers get out of
sync.

If I run quotacheck and a user is updated to be over quota I can no longer
create files as that user, so quotas are being inforced.

-Chris
--
Two penguins were walking on an iceberg. The first penguin said to the
second, "you look like you are wearing a tuxedo." The second penguin