2001-02-20 03:51:25

by michael chen

Subject: about acpi problems

Hi,
I found that acpi driver has some bugs, I compiled the 2.4.2-pre4
kernel with the acpi support option and SMP enabled, it caused hang at the
boot time, but when I disabled the SMP option, it 's OK , so I look
into the acpi driver source code, and I found the acpi idle function
don't support the SMP, is that cause the kernel hang at boot time.

--
Best regards,
michaelc mailto:[email protected]

2001-02-20 18:59:58

by Simon Richter

Subject: Re: about acpi problems

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, michaelc wrote:

> I found that acpi driver has some bugs, I compiled the 2.4.2-pre4
> kernel with the acpi support option and SMP enabled, it caused hang at the
> boot time, but when I disabled the SMP option, it 's OK , so I look
> into the acpi driver source code, and I found the acpi idle function
> don't support the SMP, is that cause the kernel hang at boot time.

Could you submit a full bug report, as per the ACPI HOWTO
(http://www.columbia.edu/~ariel/acpi/acpi_howto.txt)?

Thanks,
Simon

--
GPG public key available from http://phobos.fs.tum.de/pgp/Simon.Richter.asc
Fingerprint: DC26 EB8D 1F35 4F44 2934 7583 DBB6 F98D 9198 3292