2001-07-26 10:30:43

by Matthew Gardiner

Subject: DAC module in 2.4.7 buggered

I was just compiling 2.4.7 a couple of days ago, and DAC that is located in
block devices (just below the compaq raid things in the configmenu) fails to
compile as a module.

I removed it, and everything went alright.

Although I don't need it, I thought I might as well inform the kernel guru's
of this error that may be affecting other users.

Matthew Gardiner
--
WARNING:

This email was written on an OS using the viral 'GPL' as its license.

Please check with Bill Gates before continuing to read this email/posting.

by Chris Meadors

Subject: Re: DAC module in 2.4.7 buggered

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Matthew Gardiner wrote:

> I was just compiling 2.4.7 a couple of days ago, and DAC that is located in
> block devices (just below the compaq raid things in the configmenu) fails to
> compile as a module.

I'm guessing you mean the DAC960 driver. I couldn't get it to compile
when built into the kernel either.

> I removed it, and everything went alright.
>
> Although I don't need it, I thought I might as well inform the kernel guru's
> of this error that may be affecting other users.

I do need it for 2 of my machines here. For now I've just kept them at
2.4.6 cause that is working fine.

-Chris
--
Two penguins were walking on an iceberg. The first penguin said to the
second, "you look like you are wearing a tuxedo." The second penguin