2001-07-23 11:33:25

by Dave Airlie

Subject: Solaris 2.6 server Linux 2.2.19 client .. stale handle

Hi,
I'm running Linux 2.2.19 client NFSv3 from a Solaris 2.6 server,
when the server reboots I get stale handles on any mounts from that
server...

I though this got fixed ages ago... or do I need to patch something on the
Solaris side?

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / [email protected]

2001-07-23 18:38:53

by Trond Myklebust

> Hi,
> I'm running Linux 2.2.19 client NFSv3 from a Solaris 2.6
> server,
> when the server reboots I get stale handles on any mounts from
> that server...

> I though this got fixed ages ago... or do I need to patch
> something on the Solaris side?

No. I just need to do a backport of

http://www.fys.uio.no/~trondmy/src/2.4.7/linux-2.4.7-stale.dif

Cheers,
Trond

2001-07-23 19:52:36

by Dave Airlie

Cool,
I noticed another problem on our system also, that explains some
of the times I see it ...

Thanks,
Dave.