2001-07-30 23:45:31

by Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams

Subject: pci_ids.h and pci.ids

All this talk of serial ports and PCI cards got me to do a 'lspci' on my
machine with a Lava DSerial-PCI. The entry shown for it was 'Serial
controller: Lava Computer mfg Inc: Unknown device 0100'. The first and second
parts looked fine, but the third part looked wrong. I did some poking around
and found that it is in <linux/pci_ids.h> but not in pci.ids. The file pci.ids
is part of pciutils, of which the latest version (2.1.8) is from May 20, 2000.

So then the question is: Would is be practical/possible to generate pci.ids
from pci_ids.h? I realize that there isn't currently enough information in it,
but I'm just fishing for ideas right now.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <[email protected]>