2001-10-02 13:51:59

by Sylvain Ravot

Subject: make: *** [menuconfig] Error

Hello,

I have the following error message when I try to compile the 2.4.9
kernel. Could you help me ?

[root@lxusa linux]# make menuconfig

scripts/Menuconfig: line 11: 1872 Segmentation fault (core dumped)
cat <<EOM

Menuconfig has encountered a possible error in one of the kernel's
configuration files and is unable to continue. Here is the error
report:

EOM

Q> scripts/Menuconfig: MCmenu0: command not found
scripts/Menuconfig: line 19: 1874 Segmentation fault (core dumped)
cat <<EOM

Please report this to the maintainer <[email protected]>. You may also
send a problem report to <[email protected]>.

Please indicate the kernel version you are trying to configure and
which menu you were trying to enter when this error occurred.

EOM

make: *** [menuconfig] Error 1

Thank in advance for your answer

Sylvain

2001-10-02 15:26:53

by Rasmus Bøg Hansen

Subject: Re: make: *** [menuconfig] Error

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Sylvain Ravot wrote:

> I have the following error message when I try to compile the 2.4.9
> kernel. Could you help me ?
>
> [root@lxusa linux]# make menuconfig
>
> scripts/Menuconfig: line 11: 1872 Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Check your syslog for problems, check your filesystem for errors. If
none shows up errors, you might have bad RAM - check it with memtest86.

http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/

Rasmus

--
When you have multiple CPUs with one interrupt controller, you don't