2001-12-05 19:57:06

by Michael Menegakis

Subject: USB Camera

There is a USB WebCam called l'elegant by DigitalDreams. It is quite
succesfull here in UK but it doesn't seem to be directly supported by the
Linux Kernel. Can you redirect me to right module that may be compatible with
it? Or let me know the address of the webcams maintainer, if there is any.

Apologies for the off topic message.

MichaelM,
linuxsale.org

2001-12-05 20:13:46

by Greg KH

Subject: Re: USB Camera

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 07:47:16PM +0000, Michael Menegakis wrote:
> There is a USB WebCam called l'elegant by DigitalDreams. It is quite
> succesfull here in UK but it doesn't seem to be directly supported by the
> Linux Kernel. Can you redirect me to right module that may be compatible with
> it? Or let me know the address of the webcams maintainer, if there is any.

Please look at the device list linked off of http://www.linux-usb.org/
to see if this device is supported. That site also has the addresses
for the mailing lists that contain people who could help you out with
this question.

Hope this helps,

greg k-h

2001-12-05 20:29:36

by Joel Jaeggli

Got a url for one? any idea what chipset it's using (there are a
disctinctly finite number of usb camera/capture chipsets...

joelja

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Michael Menegakis wrote:

> There is a USB WebCam called l'elegant by DigitalDreams. It is quite
> succesfull here in UK but it doesn't seem to be directly supported by the
> Linux Kernel. Can you redirect me to right module that may be compatible with
> it? Or let me know the address of the webcams maintainer, if there is any.
>
> Apologies for the off topic message.
>
> MichaelM,
> linuxsale.org
> -

Joel Jaeggli [email protected]
Academic User Services [email protected]
PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E
It is clear that the arm of criticism cannot replace the criticism of
arms. Karl Marx -- Introduction to the critique of Hegel's Philosophy of
the right, 1843.

2001-12-05 20:54:27

by Michael Menegakis

On Wednesday 05 December 2001 20:25, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
> Got a url for one? any idea what chipset it's using (there are a
> disctinctly finite number of usb camera/capture chipsets...

Thanks joelja. I was just about to ask the usb mailing list but anyway.

The url for the cam's site is here(not very informative):
Let me know if you can assume the chipset it's using.

http://www.digitaldreamco.com

It is DigitalDream, not DigitalDreams. my mistake. The model is l'elegante

http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices confuces me but it seems to be the key.

KDE USB charactericstics say:

Class 255 (Vendor Specific Class)
Subclass 0
Protocol 0
USB Version 1.16
Vendor ID 0x553 (VLSI Vision Ltd.)
Product ID 0x202
Revision 0.0
Speed 12 Mbit/s
Channels 0
Max. Packet Size 0

(not very informative) SPECS for DigitalDream:

Interface USB
Sensor CMOS
Resolution 350 K pixels
Output Resolution VGA (640 x 480 pixels max)
Lens type Fixed glass lens
Focus range 1 Metre to infinity
Colours 16.7 million 24 bit
Memory 8MB Ram
No. Of pictures Low-resolution (up to 106 shots CIF)
High-resolution (up to 26 shots VGA)

> joelja
>
> On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Michael Menegakis wrote:
> > There is a USB WebCam called l'elegant by DigitalDreams. It is quite
> > succesfull here in UK but it doesn't seem to be directly supported by the
> > Linux Kernel. Can you redirect me to right module that may be compatible
> > with it? Or let me know the address of the webcams maintainer, if there
> > is any.
> >
> > Apologies for the off topic message.
> >
> > MichaelM,
> > linuxsale.org
> > -
> > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel"
> > in the body of a message to [email protected]

by kees

Hi

This is the pencam. There _is_ support for it. I own such a camera and it
works quite well.

Search with Google for pencam of spycam

regards
Kees