2002-04-20 12:12:39

by Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk

Subject: O_LARGEFILE support in smbfs?

hi

I'm having problems accessing large files (>2GB) across a mounted share on
a win2k server. Is this a known problem?

I'm running 2.4.18

roy

--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, Datavaktmester

Computers are like air conditioners.

by Urban Widmark

Subject: Re: O_LARGEFILE support in smbfs?

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:

> hi
>
> I'm having problems accessing large files (>2GB) across a mounted share on
> a win2k server. Is this a known problem?
>
> I'm running 2.4.18

2.4.18 or 2.4.18 with patches that enable large file support in smbfs?

Patches are currently available from
http://www.hojdpunkten.ac.se/054/samba/index.html
(don't miss the samba patch and additional mount option).

If you are using a patched 2.4.18 I'd like some more details on what the
problems are.

/Urban

2002-04-20 12:49:43

by Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk

> 2.4.18 or 2.4.18 with patches that enable large file support in smbfs?

without

> Patches are currently available from
> http://www.hojdpunkten.ac.se/054/samba/index.html
> (don't miss the samba patch and additional mount option).
>
> If you are using a patched 2.4.18 I'd like some more details on what the
> problems are.

I'll try them. Any chance of getting these into the -ac or linus trees?

roy

--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, Datavaktmester

Computers are like air conditioners.

by Urban Widmark

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:

> I'll try them. Any chance of getting these into the -ac or linus trees?

It's in 2.5.

For 2.4 ... so far no one has found any bugs in it and maybe that means
it's ok. OTOH, it's not a bugfix so I'm perfectly happy to keep it outside
a while longer.

/Urban

2002-04-20 14:14:59

by Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, Urban Widmark wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
>
> > hi
> >
> > I'm having problems accessing large files (>2GB) across a mounted share on
> > a win2k server. Is this a known problem?
> >
> > I'm running 2.4.18
>
> 2.4.18 or 2.4.18 with patches that enable large file support in smbfs?
>
> Patches are currently available from
> http://www.hojdpunkten.ac.se/054/samba/index.html

hm ...
i tried patching 2.4.19-pre7-ac2, and it seems like it's already in there.
is it?

roy

--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, Datavaktmester

Computers are like air conditioners.

by Urban Widmark

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:

> hm ...
> i tried patching 2.4.19-pre7-ac2, and it seems like it's already in there.
> is it?

The "00" one is. The others are not (AFAIK. Alan seems to be in patch
sniffing mode sometimes ... :)

Try starting at "01", or stick with 2.4.18.

/Urban