2002-07-08 05:19:58

by Madhavi

Subject: IPv6 multiple routing tables

Hi

Does linux kernel version 2.4.18 support multiple routing tables for IPv6?
Otherwise, is there some patch available for this support?

Could some one give me some pointers?

Thanks in advance

regards
Madhavi.

2002-07-08 07:25:54

by Andi Kleen

Subject: Re: IPv6 multiple routing tables

Madhavi <[email protected]> writes:

> Hi
>
> Does linux kernel version 2.4.18 support multiple routing tables for IPv6?
> Otherwise, is there some patch available for this support?

It's not supported. While there is some code for it in the kernel
it is not functional.

-Andi

2002-07-08 07:49:48

by Madhavi

Hi

Could you tell me where the patch is available. I just need to get an idea
on how it is implemented.

regards
Madhavi.

On 8 Jul 2002, Andi Kleen wrote:

> Madhavi <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Does linux kernel version 2.4.18 support multiple routing tables for IPv6?
> > Otherwise, is there some patch available for this support?
>
> It's not supported. While there is some code for it in the kernel
> it is not functional.
>
> -Andi
> -

by Andi Kleen

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 01:24:01PM +0530, Madhavi wrote:

> Hi
>
> Could you tell me where the patch is available. I just need to get an idea
> on how it is implemented.

The code is in the standard kernel, inside CONFIG_IPV6_SUBTREES

-Andi