2003-08-14 15:48:17

by Andrey Borzenkov

Subject: 2.6.0-test3 - the state of ACPI STR?

I compiled kernel with CONFIG_ACPI_SLEEP=y but doing echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep
just hangs; SysRq works but task list is too long for video console.

if it is supposed to work I probably arrange for serial output; the system is
ASUS CUSL2 desktop, STR works under Windows.

TIA

-andrey

2003-08-14 16:06:34

by Patrick Mochel

Subject: Re: 2.6.0-test3 - the state of ACPI STR?

> I compiled kernel with CONFIG_ACPI_SLEEP=y but doing echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep
> just hangs; SysRq works but task list is too long for video console.
>
> if it is supposed to work I probably arrange for serial output; the system is
> ASUS CUSL2 desktop, STR works under Windows.

It does not consistently work at the moment. We're currently working on
the infrastructure to get it working, so hang tight..

Thanks,

-pat