2002-03-20 20:48:47

by Chris Meadors

Subject: VM_EXEC cicular dependancies

Still trying to get 2.5.7 to compile for the Alpha.

I've got it down to a handful of undefined symbols at link time, the worst
of which are the "flush_cache" like functions which should be included
from <asm/pgtable.h> but as of now for the Alpha code they reside in
<asm/pgalloc.h>.

So I moved the defines over to pgtable.h, but I find one of the functions
uses the "VM_EXEC" define from <linux/mm.h>. As luck would have it, mm.h
includes pgtable.h.

What is the prefered method for resolving this?

-Chris
--
Two penguins were walking on an iceberg. The first penguin said to the
second, "you look like you are wearing a tuxedo." The second penguin

2002-03-20 21:01:11

by Russell King

Subject: Re: VM_EXEC cicular dependancies

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 04:05:50PM -0500, Chris Meadors wrote:
> What is the prefered method for resolving this?

See the thread which I started: