2002-10-09 11:14:58

by Hans Reiser

Subject: [BK] ReiserFS v3 changesets resend

Attachments:
Please send to Linus (4.77 kB)

2002-10-09 13:41:07

by Jeff Garzik

Subject: Re: [BK] ReiserFS v3 changesets resend

Hans Reiser wrote:
> You can pull these from bk://thebsh.namesys.com/bk/reiser3-linux-2.5
>
> Diffstats:
> fs/reiserfs/inode.c | 2 +-
> include/linux/reiserfs_fs.h | 3 ++-
>
> super.c | 6 +++++-
> 1 files changed, 5 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
>
> do_balan.c | 105 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------------
> inode.c | 48 ++++++++++++++++++++----
> tail_conversion.c | 5 +-

You guys need to use a better format for emailing Linus... see his
posts on the subject, or just use Documentation/BK-usage/bk-make-sum
script. Having N diffstat outputs followed by N changeset descriptions
is just non-sensical. Linus should not need to count down diffstats to
figure out which one corresponds to which changeset.

Further, an overall [single] diffstat gives a better picture of what he
will pull when he does a 'bk pull'...

Jeff

2002-10-09 14:10:57

by Jeff Chua

Hans,

Please post your patches to lkml in one big file so that we can apply the
patch. Don't know how to access
bk://thebsh.namesys.com/bk/reiser3-linux-2.5

Thanks,
Jeff.

It seems our first attempt of sending these to Linus have failed,
here is another one.

Bye,
Oleg

reiserfs updates:

2002-10-09 17:40:10

by Hans Reiser

Jeff Chua wrote:

>Hans,
>
>Please post your patches to lkml in one big file so that we can apply the
>patch. Don't know how to access
>bk://thebsh.namesys.com/bk/reiser3-linux-2.5
>
>Thanks,
>Jeff.
>

>On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Hans Reiser wrote:
>Hello!
>
> It seems our first attempt of sending these to Linus have failed,
> here is another one.
>
>Bye,
> Oleg
>
> reiserfs updates:

Oleg sent only the changesets on the resend, since he figured that
everyone but Linus would have applied it after the first send, and they
could look through the archives if not. I sort of suspected that was
too logical to be true.;-) We'll send the full patch in the future. I
don't really like the idea of doing anything in a way that makes people
feel disadvantaged unless they use bk. Oleg, send Jeff the patch.

Hans