2003-01-14 12:24:10

by Scott McDermott

Subject: mbox archive of linux-kernel ?

anyone have an mbox or similar format archive of the whole linux-kernel
discussion going back since its inception?

2003-01-14 12:28:01

by Matti Aarnio

Subject: Re: mbox archive of linux-kernel ?

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 07:32:56AM -0500, Scott McDermott wrote:
> anyone have an mbox or similar format archive of the whole linux-kernel
> discussion going back since its inception?

See the pointers at:

http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-kernel

2003-01-14 13:09:03

by Luigi Genoni

I'm keeping just last couple of years in mbox format,
deleting elder mails.

Scott McDermott wrote:
> anyone have an mbox or similar format archive of the whole linux-kernel
> discussion going back since its inception?
> -

mbox files are here:

ftp://ftp.uwsg.iu.edu/pub/mail.archive/kernel

It only goes back to March, 1996, and the files aren't compressed, so they're
rather large.

2003-01-15 13:36:18

by Stefan Görling

ftp.uwsg.indiana.edu carries most of the mbox-files, except for Apr-June
2000 which are missing for some odd reason. So if anyone have any idea
where I might find it in a convenient format I'd appriceate it. If you
just need senders and subject I could mail you a sql-dump.

If you're going to parse them, I've found perl and Mail::Box very
convenient.

/Stefan