2002-03-23 20:53:22

by Witold Krecicki

Subject: [2.5.7] Oops while connecting a device to USB port (khubd)

Oops is happening when I'm loading a module while having scanner
connected to USB (HP SJ 4470c) or when the module is already loaded and
i'm connecting the scanner. It does not depend on usb modularization: if
usb is in core, oopsa happens at boot time.
WK
P.S. ksymoops output in attachment

Attachments:
oops.dec (5.63 kB)

2002-03-24 06:38:19

by Greg KH

On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 09:52:56PM +0100, Witek Krecicki wrote:
> Oops is happening when I'm loading a module while having scanner
> connected to USB (HP SJ 4470c) or when the module is already loaded and
> i'm connecting the scanner. It does not depend on usb modularization: if
> usb is in core, oopsa happens at boot time.
> WK
> P.S. ksymoops output in attachment

Do you have CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB enabled in your .config? If so, this is a
known bug the uhci.c author is trying to track down, please send this
info directly to him. In the meantime, use usb-uhci.o to get your
machine to work properly.

thanks,

greg k-h