2002-08-19 05:22:36

by Dmitry N. Hramtsov

Subject: vfsv0 quota patch

Hello All,

Could you tell me where can I get vfsv0 quota patch for 2.4.19 or
2.4.20-preX? Unfortunately, link

ftp://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/pub/local/jack/quota/v2.4/

does not work cause host atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz inaccessible.

Best regards,
Dmitry N. Hramtsov

2002-08-19 05:29:08

by David Miller

Subject: Re: vfsv0 quota patch

From: "Dmitry N. Hramtsov" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:26:31 +0700 (NOVST)

does not work cause host atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz inaccessible.

It is inaccessible because the city of Prague is currently under
several feet of water, if you haven't heard.

2002-08-19 05:59:50

by Dmitry N. Hramtsov

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002, David S. Miller wrote:

> It is inaccessible because the city of Prague is currently under
> several feet of water, if you haven't heard.

I am sorry. I haven't juxtapose this two facts.
I hope that this force majeur is not for a long.

Best regards,
Dmitry N. Hramtsov

2002-08-19 12:22:15

by Matthias Andree

Subject: [OT] Re: vfsv0 quota patch

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Dmitry N. Hramtsov wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Aug 2002, David S. Miller wrote:
>
> > It is inaccessible because the city of Prague is currently under
> > several feet of water, if you haven't heard.
>
> I am sorry. I haven't juxtapose this two facts.
> I hope that this force majeur is not for a long.

It will pass in some days or weeks, but who is doing the cleaning up and
the repairs or rebuilds (not of software, but of houses, roads, rail
roads, you name it) damaged? Who is paying for all that?

It's not only Prague that has been struck, but also parts in Southern
Russia, other parts of the Czech Republic, Germany, Austria... Just grab
a good map and look where the Elbe, Danube and Molde rivers flow, to
name just three that have wreaked havoc recently.

Certainly, getting a certain *.cz computer up and running is of a
subordinate concern in Prague.

Please don't discuss this here further, but just understand that people
have bigger worries for the time being.

--
Matthias Andree

2002-08-20 14:14:34

by Jan Kara

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 12:26:31PM +0700, Dmitry N. Hramtsov wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Could you tell me where can I get vfsv0 quota patch for 2.4.19 or
> 2.4.20-preX? Unfortunately, link
>
> ftp://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/pub/local/jack/quota/v2.4/
>
> does not work cause host atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz inaccessible.
The computer will be probably offline for a while (as far as I know
there are problems with electricity etc...). But you can also
use -ac versions of kernel which should contain latest quota patches
(actually more recent that on my ftp site...).

Honza

2002-08-20 15:06:53

by Christoph Hellwig

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 04:26:20PM +0200, [email protected] wrote:
> The computer will be probably offline for a while (as far as I know
> there are problems with electricity etc...). But you can also
> use -ac versions of kernel which should contain latest quota patches
> (actually more recent that on my ftp site...).

Or the quota patch from the 2.4.19 XFS split patches. It might have some
trivial rejects in Makefile/Config but should work without any problems.

2002-08-21 04:46:36

by James Bourne

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 04:26:20PM +0200, [email protected] wrote:
> > The computer will be probably offline for a while (as far as I know
> > there are problems with electricity etc...). But you can also
> > use -ac versions of kernel which should contain latest quota patches
> > (actually more recent that on my ftp site...).
>
> Or the quota patch from the 2.4.19 XFS split patches. It might have some
> trivial rejects in Makefile/Config but should work without any problems.

You can find the vfsv0 quota patches for 2.4.18 and 2.4.19
at http://www.hardrock.org/kernel/

The 2.4.18 patch is from .cz (a while ago), and the 2.4.19 is a diff I
took after applying and very little merging (IIRC) from the 2.4.18 patch
to the base 2.4.19 kernel.

I have done some prelim. testing it the 2.4.19 patch does seem to work fine.

Regards
James Bourne

> -

James Bourne, Supervisor Data Centre Operations
Mount Royal College, Calgary, AB, CA
http://www.mtroyal.ab.ca

addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged
information. Please contact the sender immediately if you are not the
intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or
take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or

"There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who
understand binary and those who don't."

2002-08-23 19:48:32

by Pavel Machek

Subject: Re: [OT] Re: vfsv0 quota patch

Hi!

> > I am sorry. I haven't juxtapose this two facts.
> > I hope that this force majeur is not for a long.
>
> It will pass in some days or weeks, but who is doing the cleaning up and
> the repairs or rebuilds (not of software, but of houses, roads, rail
> roads, you name it) damaged? Who is paying for all that?
>
> It's not only Prague that has been struck, but also parts in Southern
> Russia, other parts of the Czech Republic, Germany, Austria... Just grab
> a good map and look where the Elbe, Danube and Molde rivers flow, to
> name just three that have wreaked havoc recently.
>
> Certainly, getting a certain *.cz computer up and running is of a
> subordinate concern in Prague.

Actually getting atrey back was pretty high on priority list :-).

Only parts of Prague (<5%) were hit. It damaged transportation badly, but
otherwise we are mostly okay.
Pavel

by Pavel Machek

Hi!

> Could you tell me where can I get vfsv0 quota patch for 2.4.19 or
> 2.4.20-preX? Unfortunately, link
>
> ftp://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/pub/local/jack/quota/v2.4/
>
> does not work cause host atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz inaccessible.

Atrey has been recovered from flooded building, its back online but
with changed IP address. Wait at most 24hours for DNS update.

Pavel