Subject: PROBLEM: I'm still getting oops when loading eth modules (e100, eepro100 and tulip)

Hi all,
I'm still getting this oops, I've setup a page with all information, it's
located at <http://alumno.inacap.cl/~rmaureira/kernel/oops/>

Any information on what is happening is greatly appreciated.

I can give more information upon request.

Thanks in advance

Best regards
--
Robinson Maureira Castillo
Asesor DAI

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, bert hubert wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 02:59:02PM -0300, Robinson Maureira Castillo wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I'm still getting this oops, I've setup a page with all information, it's
> > located at <http://alumno.inacap.cl/~rmaureira/kernel/oops/>
>
> Are you very very sure that you are using the same compiler to compile the
> kernel and the modules? With the same settings? It is not guaranteed to work
> otherwise.
>
> Did you compile the kernel and the modules yourself?
>
> Regards,
>
> bert

Completely sure, I'm using gcc 3.2 (rh 8.0 version) in ws01, and 2.96 (rh
7.2 version) in elekid. I proceed like this:

bk clone/pull/co
make defconfig
make menuconfig
make modules modules_install install