Subject: Strange options when doing make allnoconfig

Hi,
doing make allnoconfig includes a pair of options that made me blink
twice

CONFIG_SOUND_GAMEPORT=y
CONFIG_MSDOS_PARTITION=y

Are this included on purpose, or did they just slipped? 8)

Best regards
--
Robinson Maureira Castillo
Asesor DAI

2002-12-04 16:07:06

by Roman Zippel

Subject: Re: Strange options when doing make allnoconfig

Hi,

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Robinson Maureira Castillo wrote:

> CONFIG_SOUND_GAMEPORT=y
> CONFIG_MSDOS_PARTITION=y
>
> Are this included on purpose, or did they just slipped? 8)

These are derived symbols, so this is correct. allnoconfig just means that
all questions are answered with no, not that all symbols are set to no.

bye, Roman

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Roman Zippel wrote:

> These are derived symbols, so this is correct. allnoconfig just means that
> all questions are answered with no, not that all symbols are set to no.

Those are defined in most arch/*/defconfig, the question is why? 8)

Robinson Maureira Castillo
Asesor DAI
INACAP

2002-12-04 16:19:24

by Roman Zippel

Hi,

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Robinson Maureira Castillo wrote:

> > These are derived symbols, so this is correct. allnoconfig just means that
> > all questions are answered with no, not that all symbols are set to no.
> >

> Those are defined in most arch/*/defconfig, the question is why? 8)

Why what? What has this to do with allnoconfig?

bye, Roman