Subject: linux-2.4.21-0.18mdk alsa problem in make menuconfig

It seems there's a problem configuring alsa with menuconfig, which the
.log file of changes through mandrake RPM install fails to account:

Upon being in make menuconfig, editing the alsa configuration, one
happens upon this error. Please note, the changelog for this .18 kernel
reports alsa issues have been resolved... are you also getting this same
error?

---

Menuconfig has encountered a possible error in one of the kernel's
configuration files and is unable to continue. Here is the error
report:

Q> scripts/Menuconfig: line 832: MCmenu73: command not found

Please report this to the maintainer <[email protected]>. You may also
send a problem report to <[email protected]>.

Please indicate the kernel version you are trying to configure and
which menu you were trying to enter when this error occurred.

make: *** [menuconfig] Error 1

Please review:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&postid=347175#post347175

For my thread on this topic.

2003-06-23 07:39:07

by Pozsar Balazs

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003, Roland Krystian Alberciak wrote:

> It seems there's a problem configuring alsa with menuconfig, which the
> .log file of changes through mandrake RPM install fails to account:
>
> Upon being in make menuconfig, editing the alsa configuration, one
> happens upon this error. Please note, the changelog for this .18 kernel
> reports alsa issues have been resolved... are you also getting this same
> error?

Attached patch fixes it (at least for me).

--
pozsy

Attachments:
ZZ99_fix-alsa-menuconfig.patch (413.00 B)