2004-03-16 21:34:05

by Mika Fischer

Subject: [BUG] 2.4.25: kernel BUG at inode.c:334!

Hi!

This happened on a heavily loaded dual P-III webserver using vanilla 2.4.25.
Filesystems are all ext3 with quota enabled.

Output of ksymoops and .config are attached.

The BUG has up until now only occured once (that we know of) but we're
having general stability problems with this machine (about a reboot a
week).

Any help with debugging this would be appreciated.

This is a production machine but in the near future it might become
available for testing.

If additional information is needed I'd be happy to provide it.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Mika

Attachments:
config.txt (21.39 kB)
ksymoops.txt (2.09 kB)

by Marcelo Tosatti

Subject: Re: [BUG] 2.4.25: kernel BUG at inode.c:334!

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Mika Fischer wrote:

> Hi!
>
> This happened on a heavily loaded dual P-III webserver using vanilla 2.4.25.
> Filesystems are all ext3 with quota enabled.
>
> Output of ksymoops and .config are attached.
>
> The BUG has up until now only occured once (that we know of) but we're
> having general stability problems with this machine (about a reboot a
> week).

Hum, ho. I'm not really how this fault could be happening.

David and Viro know more about this VFS internals.

Anyway, do you have any output from the weekly crashes?