2002-10-30 18:21:44

by Matti Aarnio

Subject: Usage of ORBZ.ORG is bad for your email...

A typical example:

Diagnostic Code:
smtp; 554 (Service unavailable; [209.116.70.75] blocked using
inputs.orbz.org, reason: Mail rejected because the server you
are sending to is misconfigured.)

The sad part is, NOBODY will be able to send to people using those
blocking lists, which now appear to contain poison.

2002-10-30 20:10:59

by Rik van Riel

Subject: Re: Usage of ORBZ.ORG is bad for your email...

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Matti Aarnio wrote:

> smtp; 554 (Service unavailable; [209.116.70.75] blocked using
> inputs.orbz.org, reason: Mail rejected because the server you
> are sending to is misconfigured.)

Yup, ORBZ has been dead for well over 7 months, but the people
running the server are still using lots of bandwidth with the
(useless) DNS queries.

> The sad part is, NOBODY will be able to send to people using those
> blocking lists, which now appear to contain poison.

I suspect bandwidth usage of the poor soul who has orbz.org
name servers point to his server will drop shortly.

cheers,

Rik
Current spamtrap: <a href=mailto:"[email protected]">[email protected]</a>