2002-10-31 00:20:44

by J.A. Magallon

Subject: [RFC] Pending bugfixes for 2.4.20 ?

Hi all.

We are in -rc, so only bugfixes ;)
I have this collection of things posted in LKML as bugfixes, that still
apply on top of rc1. Could you include if appropiate for next -rc, plz ?

02-printk
Kill extra printk declaration.
Author: David Howells <[email protected]>

03-clone-detached
Fix a crash that can be caused by a CLONE_DETACHED thread.
Author: Ingo Molnar <[email protected]>

04-module-size-checks
Fixes two minor bugs in kernel/module.c related with module size checks.
Author: Peter Oberparleiter <[email protected]>

06-memparam
Fix mem=XXX kernel parameter when user gives a size bigger than what
kernel autodetected (kill a previous change)
Author: Adrian Bunk <[email protected]>,
Leonardo Gomes Figueira <[email protected]>

07-cache-detection
Fix cache detection, adds trace cache detection.
Author: Dave Jones <[email protected]>

08-highpage-init
Cleanup one_highpage_init() as in 2.5.
Author: Christoph Hellwig <[email protected]>

09-self_exec_id
Fix bad signaling between threads when ancestor dies.
Author: Zeuner, Axel <[email protected]>

If somebody has anything to say, or has updated versions...

TIA

--
J.A. Magallon <[email protected]> \ Software is like sex:
werewolf.able.es \ It's better when it's free

2002-10-31 00:50:53

by J.A. Magallon

Subject: Re: [RFC] Pending bugfixes for 2.4.20 ?

On 2002.10.31 J.A. Magall?n wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> We are in -rc, so only bugfixes ;)
> I have this collection of things posted in LKML as bugfixes, that still
> apply on top of rc1. Could you include if appropiate for next -rc, plz ?

Opps, patches missing... attached.

--
J.A. Magallon <[email protected]> \ Software is like sex:
werewolf.able.es \ It's better when it's free
Mandrake Linux release 9.1 (Cooker) for i586
Linux 2.4.20-rc1-jam0 (gcc 3.2 (Mandrake Linux 9.0 3.2-2mdk))

Attachments:
(No filename) (546.00 B)
09-self_exec_id.bz2 (502.00 B)
02-printk.bz2 (336.00 B)
03-clone-detached.bz2 (267.00 B)
04-module-size-checks.bz2 (403.00 B)
06-memparam.bz2 (650.00 B)
07-cache-detection.bz2 (1.38 kB)
08-highpage-init.bz2 (494.00 B)

by Marcelo Tosatti

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> JA,
>
> Would you mind sending each one of this updates to linux-kernel CC me in
> separate emails ?
>
> I should have applied Dave Jones patch before (it has been around for a
> while), but now its too late.
>
> Maybe Ingo's fix to crashes with CLONE_DETACHED threads is suitable for
> -rc2.
>
> Anyway, I'll save the ones which are not suitable for -rc1 in my pending
> fixes list.

Ok, ignore this message. Seen the patches now.

2002-10-31 19:59:20

by Marcelo Tosatti

JA,

Would you mind sending each one of this updates to linux-kernel CC me in
separate emails ?

I should have applied Dave Jones patch before (it has been around for a
while), but now its too late.

Maybe Ingo's fix to crashes with CLONE_DETACHED threads is suitable for
-rc2.

Anyway, I'll save the ones which are not suitable for -rc1 in my pending
fixes list.

Thanks