Subject: 8029 Driver

Hi to All,
I have recently found in a drawer a somewhat old NIC which linux
identifies as a 'Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
RTL-8029(AS)'.

Here are my questions :

1. Does Linux already support this NIC ?
2. Is there documentation available for me to write this driver ?
3. For wich kernel shall I write it (2.4 or 2.5/2.6) ?

Any insight appreciated.

Joe

2003-03-25 14:22:18

by Michael Abshoff

Subject: Re: 8029 Driver

Jonathan Filiatrault wrote:

> Hi to All,
> I have recently found in a drawer a somewhat old NIC which linux
> identifies as a 'Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
> RTL-8029(AS)'.
>
> Here are my questions :
>
> 1. Does Linux already support this NIC ?
> 2. Is there documentation available for me to write this driver ?
> 3. For wich kernel shall I write it (2.4 or 2.5/2.6) ?
>
> Any insight appreciated.
>
> Joe

It's an ne2k clone - nothing to be done.

Michael

--
Michael Abshoff - MRB - Universit?t Dortmund - Telefon 755-3463 (intern)

Where do you want to RTFM today?

2003-03-25 15:14:42

by Sven-Haegar Koch

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Jonathan Filiatrault wrote:

> I have recently found in a drawer a somewhat old NIC which linux
> identifies as a 'Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
> RTL-8029(AS)'.

Just use the ne2k-pci module, it should work.

c'ya
sven

--

The Internet treats censorship as a routing problem, and routes around it.
(John Gilmore on http://www.cygnus.com/~gnu/)