2003-09-02 21:48:38

by Matti Aarnio

Subject: vger's todays hickups

Sorry folks, sometimes my coding faults produce spectacular goofups.

Today a brain-fart caused email delivery to hang up, and its first
correction attempt(*) caused smallish messages to duplicate message
content. Slowdown would have been nothing, but that duplication...

*) I really should not do attempts, only use Correct Code,
but these beasts are not always trivial, nor are my
testbeds as serious loaders, as VGER's normal operation..
(Thus "it is perfect"-code isn't that at vger...)

/Matti Aarnio

2003-09-03 01:42:22

by Herbert Poetzl

Subject: Re: vger's todays hickups

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 12:48:33AM +0300, Matti Aarnio wrote:
> Sorry folks, sometimes my coding faults produce spectacular goofups.
>
> Today a brain-fart caused email delivery to hang up, and its first
> correction attempt(*) caused smallish messages to duplicate message
> content. Slowdown would have been nothing, but that duplication...
>
> *) I really should not do attempts, only use Correct Code,
> but these beasts are not always trivial, nor are my
> testbeds as serious loaders, as VGER's normal operation..
> (Thus "it is perfect"-code isn't that at vger...)

ahh good to know, I checked my MUA twice, before
I read this message ...

best,
Herbert

> /Matti Aarnio
On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 12:48:33AM +0300, Matti Aarnio wrote:
> Sorry folks, sometimes my coding faults produce spectacular goofups.
>
> Today a brain-fart caused email delivery to hang up, and its first
> correction attempt(*) caused smallish messages to duplicate message
> content. Slowdown would have been nothing, but that duplication...
>
> *) I really should not do attempts, only use Correct Code,
> but these beasts are not always trivial, nor are my
> testbeds as serious loaders, as VGER's normal operation..
> (Thus "it is perfect"-code isn't that at vger...)

ahh good to know, I checked my MUA twice, before
I read this message ...

best,
Herbert

> /Matti Aarnio
sorry couldn't resist ;)

2003-09-03 10:12:22

by Maciej Soltysiak

> *) I really should not do attempts, only use Correct Code,
> but these beasts are not always trivial, nor are my
> testbeds as serious loaders, as VGER's normal operation..
> (Thus "it is perfect"-code isn't that at vger...)
Ok, but I thought for a moment there that i was unsubscribed by force by
the admins or something :)

Maciej