Subject: USB flash disk on 2 machines exclusiv

Hi, Greg, list!

Sorry for my english.

I have a usb flash disk (Butterfly, I think).
Also, I have 2 machines, Athlons, 2.4.22pre7 and 2.4.22pre3.

The disk is recognized by both machines as sda1.

I do a mkreiserfs /dev/sda1, mount it and everything works on machine 1.
If I go to machine 2, the kernel cannot recognise a valid reiserfs on the
flash. If I do a mkreiserfs, I can work with it, but when I move to
machine 1, same problem (reiserfs not recognized).

Any ideas?

Thank you very much.

---
Catalin(ux) BOIE

by Ingo Oeser

Subject: Re: USB flash disk on 2 machines exclusiv

Hi Catalin,

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 10:31:15AM +0300, Catalin BOIE wrote:
> The disk is recognized by both machines as sda1.
>
> I do a mkreiserfs /dev/sda1, mount it and everything works on machine 1.
> If I go to machine 2, the kernel cannot recognise a valid reiserfs on the
> flash. If I do a mkreiserfs, I can work with it, but when I move to
> machine 1, same problem (reiserfs not recognized).

Did you try other file systems? Does it work with other Linux
file systems like ext2 or ext3? Does it work with VFAT?

Please try these to tell, whether it's FS specific.

Thanks & Regards

Ingo Oeser, just trying to be helpful

Hi!

Seems the problem goes away tith 2.6.0test1.
Probably it's a bug in 2.4.
If you are interested, ask for more info, please!

---
Catalin(ux) BOIE
[email protected]