2003-05-05 08:41:05

by Peter Breitenlohner

Subject: PROBLEM: linux-2.4.20 kernel bug (sound: ac97_codec.c prints garbage)

Hi Alan,

you might not exactly be the right person for this, but at least you are
(have been) associated with sound.

PROBLEM:

1. linux-2.4.20 kernel bug (sound: ac97_codec.c prints garbage)

2. A change in drivers/sound/ac97_codec.c introduced between 2.4.18 and
2.4.20 has the consequence that ac97_codec.c prints garbage to the syslog.

3. sound

4. 2.4.20

8. This ought to be fixed as per the attached patch (or equivalent).

Some comments:
1. the format for the first snprintf is broken ("%0x4X" instead of "%4X").
2. the function should return after the first snprintf.

Possibly all this has already been noticed. If not I would appreciate it that
could be fixed for the upcoming 2.4.21.

regards
Peter Breitenlohner <[email protected]>

Attachments:
linux-2.4.20-patch (627.00 B)

2003-05-05 10:44:18

by Alan Cox

> Possibly all this has already been noticed. If not I would appreciate it that
> could be fixed for the upcoming 2.4.21.

Its fixed in 2.4.21pre yes.

Thanks