2003-08-11 14:34:24

by narancs

Subject: DEC KZPSA SCSI card - is there a linux driver?

Hi people,

I guess this mail should have gone to a mailing list like linux-scsi,
but I just couldn't find that list's address - sorry if this mail is not
to be here :)

so I have just got a DEC PCI SCSI card which has a sym53c720 chip and an
intel 930 chip and an LSI chip on board. it is a full-length 32bit PCI
scsi card. (it was working fine in an alpha axp system with true64 unix,
and now it is installed in a PC.)

with linux kernel 2.4.20 (suse8.2) trying all the modules, I just
couldn't get it working.
I moved the card to other PCI slots and play with irqs, but no success.

please help that which driver should get it working if this card is
supported at all.

thanks!

00:0d.0 SCSI storage controller: Digital Equipment Corporation KZPSA [KZPSA]
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle+ MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr+ Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
Latency: 66 (2000ns min, 31750ns max), cache line size 08
Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 7
BIST result: 00
Region 0: Memory at fedfd000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
Region 2: I/O ports at d000 [size=4K]
Region 3: Memory at feb00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]
Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=64K]

2003-08-11 15:54:52

by Mr. James W. Laferriere

Subject: Re: DEC KZPSA SCSI card - is there a linux driver?

Hello Narancs , Try a google or altavista on KZPSA .
I found quite a few mentions for the device . Another thing to
try is to look the board over very carefully & see if it might be
actually made by another company & just re-stamped with the DEC
name & partno. , Like the DAC960's were renamed to KZSPC's by
DEC . Hth , JimL

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, narancs wrote:
> Hi people,
> I guess this mail should have gone to a mailing list like linux-scsi,
> but I just couldn't find that list's address - sorry if this mail is not
> to be here :)
> so I have just got a DEC PCI SCSI card which has a sym53c720 chip and an
> intel 930 chip and an LSI chip on board. it is a full-length 32bit PCI
> scsi card. (it was working fine in an alpha axp system with true64 unix,
> and now it is installed in a PC.)
> with linux kernel 2.4.20 (suse8.2) trying all the modules, I just
> couldn't get it working.
> I moved the card to other PCI slots and play with irqs, but no success.
> please help that which driver should get it working if this card is
> supported at all.
> thanks!
> 00:0d.0 SCSI storage controller: Digital Equipment Corporation KZPSA [KZPSA]
> Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle+ MemWINV- VGASnoop-
> ParErr+ Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
> <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
> Latency: 66 (2000ns min, 31750ns max), cache line size 08
> Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 7
> BIST result: 00
> Region 0: Memory at fedfd000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
> Region 2: I/O ports at d000 [size=4K]
> Region 3: Memory at feb00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]
> Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=64K]
| James W. Laferriere | System Techniques | Give me VMS |
| Network Engineer | P.O. Box 854 | Give me Linux |
| [email protected] | Coudersport PA 16915 | only on AXP |

by Wakko Warner

> I guess this mail should have gone to a mailing list like linux-scsi,
> but I just couldn't find that list's address - sorry if this mail is not
> to be here :)
>
> so I have just got a DEC PCI SCSI card which has a sym53c720 chip and an
> intel 930 chip and an LSI chip on board. it is a full-length 32bit PCI
> scsi card. (it was working fine in an alpha axp system with true64 unix,
> and now it is installed in a PC.)
>
> with linux kernel 2.4.20 (suse8.2) trying all the modules, I just
> couldn't get it working.
> I moved the card to other PCI slots and play with irqs, but no success.
>
> please help that which driver should get it working if this card is
> supported at all.

Are you sure it's not a raid controller? Being a full length PCI card, it
may be. DEC used Mylex DAC960 controller in some of their servers. My
AS1000A came with 2 single channel DAC960PD cards. Does it have a slot for
memory? (good indication of being raid)

> 00:0d.0 SCSI storage controller: Digital Equipment Corporation KZPSA [KZPSA]
> Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle+ MemWINV- VGASnoop-
> ParErr+ Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
> <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
> Latency: 66 (2000ns min, 31750ns max), cache line size 08
> Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 7
> BIST result: 00
> Region 0: Memory at fedfd000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
> Region 2: I/O ports at d000 [size=4K]
> Region 3: Memory at feb00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]
> Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=64K]

Doesn't seem like a raid controller here. Is this an alpha machine?

by narancs

Hi, I have tried first but no success, that's why I wrote to the list.
Google gave me no usuable info about this card. In a mail I found that
this card maybe qlogic and qla10x0 driver runs it, but there is no such
driver in the kernel now afaik. I only found qla1280, but that is not
working.

Maybe I'll give up and try to beg for another scsi card :(

Mr. James W. Laferriere ?rta: