2004-01-28 03:17:32

by Frédéric L. W. Meunier

Subject: devfs 199.17 not in 2.4 (was Re:2.4.22 devfs/zlib outstanding updates ...)

Herbert P?tzl wrote on Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:22:07 +0200

> just wanted to remind/state that the final? v199.17 devfs
> patch and the 1.1.4 zlib update are not in 2.4.22-pre5.

About the devfs patch.

Yes, I already reported it a long time ago -
http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0306.2/1655.html
and have no idea why it hasn't been merged in 2.4, after all
it's supposed to fix some things and there have been no changes
since then in the kernel.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=103474534430016&w=2

Can someone clarify this ? I've been applying this patch since
its release and it didn't broke anything.

--
http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html

2004-01-28 03:52:59

by Frédéric L. W. Meunier

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:

> Herbert P?tzl wrote on Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:22:07 +0200
>
> > just wanted to remind/state that the final? v199.17 devfs
> > patch and the 1.1.4 zlib update are not in 2.4.22-pre5.
>
> About the devfs patch.
>
> Yes, I already reported it a long time ago -
> http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0306.2/1655.html
> and have no idea why it hasn't been merged in 2.4, after all
> it's supposed to fix some things and there have been no changes
> since then in the kernel.
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=103474534430016&w=2
>
> Can someone clarify this ? I've been applying this patch since
> its release and it didn't broke anything.

And you can find a patch from Andrey Borzenkov at
http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/linux/linux-kernel/2003-18/1161.html
http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/linux/linux-kernel/2003-25/0100.html

Nobody bothered to review and submit it ?

--
http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html