2004-04-02 13:58:16

by Grzegorz Kulewski

Subject: strange mount problem with mm kernels

Hi,

I am seeing strange mount related problems with mm kernels. It seems that
start scripts cannot mount *any* non-virtual filesystem except root
filesystem. All virtual fses (/proc, /sys, /dev as a tmpfs, /dev/shm and
so on) mount ok. All non-virtual are: several ext3 (normal, mountable with
2.4), one fat and one ntfs. Root fs is ext3 of course. It seems that when
I try to mount such a fs mount gets EBUSY. I think that (1) I did
something very very wrong in .config file or (2) kernel with my options
can mount only one fs and then something broke in it and it returns EBUSY
(or -EBUSY if you like it more :)). I attached my .config for
2.6.5-rc3-mm4.

This way (and because of modem_run problem mentioned in other mail) I have
stucked with 2.6.2-rc2-mm?. Seems that older 2.5 and first 2.6 kernels
were more stable than current or I unlearned how to configure kernels :)

please help if you can

Grzegorz Kulewski

Attachments:
.config (23.87 kB)