2005-12-01 01:35:26

by Jeffrey V. Merkey

Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Wolf Mountain File System Archives and Releases

The Wolf Mountain File System and NWFS File System project archives for
Linux are now online at http://www.wolfmountaingroup.org. All future updates
and patches to Linux which are related to these projects are now
available at this site.

Jeff

2005-12-01 09:24:44

by Wichert Akkerman

Previously Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
> The Wolf Mountain File System and NWFS File System project archives for
> Linux are now online at http://www.wolfmountaingroup.org. All future updates
> and patches to Linux which are related to these projects are now
> available at this site.

Future updates are available now? Can we borrow your timemachine? :)

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <[email protected]> It is simple to make things.
http://www.wiggy.net/ It is hard to make things simple.

2005-12-01 09:35:10

by Arjan van de Ven

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 17:10 -0700, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
> The Wolf Mountain File System and NWFS File System project archives for
> Linux are now online at http://www.wolfmountaingroup.org. All future updates
> and patches to Linux which are related to these projects are now
> available at this site.

the website is empty though; no code anywhere

it's also odd that you chose CDDL for everything, I'd expect at least
the kernel parts to be GPL (given that CDDL is not compatible with GPL)

2005-12-01 17:06:13

by Jeffrey V. Merkey

Arjan van de Ven wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 17:10 -0700, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
>

>>The Wolf Mountain File System and NWFS File System project archives for
>>Linux are now online at http://www.wolfmountaingroup.org. All future updates
>>and patches to Linux which are related to these projects are now
>>available at this site.
>>

>the website is empty though; no code anywhere
>
>it's also odd that you chose CDDL for everything, I'd expect at least
>the kernel parts to be GPL (given that CDDL is not compatible with GPL)

I had promised Hazelton and some other folks to notify them wen I setup
the archives. Since I cannot post the code
at kernel.org ay longer, I had to setup an alternate server for NWFS
updates and WMFS. There's code there, go look again.
I am posting a bunch of patches later this week (when I get over this
flu I've had). I won't be putting out any more GPL code due to the
kernel.org
situation -- CDDL only. I also won't be giving stuff away totally for
free anymore either. I am obligated to return GPL
changes in the kernel. That's what folks are going to get, along with
some technical dialouge from time to time.

Jeff

2005-12-09 14:34:31

by Jan Engelhardt

>> > The Wolf Mountain File System and NWFS File System project archives for
>> > Linux are now online at http://www.wolfmountaingroup.org. All future updates
>> > and patches to Linux which are related to these projects are now
>> > available at this site.

>> the website is empty though; no code anywhere
>>
> There's code there, go look again.

http://www.wolfmountaingroup.org/pub/wmfs/ is empty.

Jan Engelhardt

by Jeffrey V. Merkey

Jan Engelhardt wrote:

>>>the website is empty though; no code anywhere
>>>

>>There's code there, go look again.
>>

>http://www.wolfmountaingroup.org/pub/wmfs/ is empty.
>

>Jan Engelhardt

OS Goes up first. The first component is a loader/debugger that boots
from grub. I have a large portion of the FS completed, but I am
working on another project which is first in line at present. Please be
patient, it's coming.

Jeff

2005-12-09 17:59:07

by Zwane Mwaikambo

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:

> > > There's code there, go look again.
> > >

> > http://www.wolfmountaingroup.org/pub/wmfs/ is empty.
> >
> > Jan Engelhardt
> >
> OS Goes up first. The first component is a loader/debugger that boots from
> grub. I have a large portion of the FS completed, but I am
> working on another project which is first in line at present. Please be
> patient, it's coming.

Wow an opensource content free press release. We're moving up in the
world.