2006-05-15 15:20:30

by Jeff Garzik

Subject: SATA status report updated

I've updated the http://linux-ata.org/ status pages with the recent work
by Tejun Heo and others.

Jeff

2006-05-15 17:07:10

by Sven-Haegar Koch

Subject: Re: SATA status report updated

On Mon, 15 May 2006, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> I've updated the http://linux-ata.org/ status pages with the recent work by
> Tejun Heo and others.

Thanks for your list, but I'm missing the SATA chipset that our Asus-Boxes
got:

0000:00:14.1 IDE interface: ATI Technologies Inc ATI Dual Channel Bus
Master PCI IDE Controller
(PCI-ID 1002:4349)

Or is this something different like an IDE chipset with included SATA
bridges or so?

It is supported through the atiixp ide driver, but only really slow
(10mb/s) - the same disks attached to an Intel SATA port give 30-40mb/s.

c'ya
sven

--

The Internet treats censorship as a routing problem, and routes around it.
(John Gilmore on http://www.cygnus.com/~gnu/)

2006-05-15 18:17:20

by Jeff Garzik

Sven-Haegar Koch wrote:
> On Mon, 15 May 2006, Jeff Garzik wrote:
>
>> I've updated the http://linux-ata.org/ status pages with the recent
>> work by Tejun Heo and others.
>
> Thanks for your list, but I'm missing the SATA chipset that our
> Asus-Boxes got:
>
> 0000:00:14.1 IDE interface: ATI Technologies Inc ATI Dual Channel Bus
> Master PCI IDE Controller
> (PCI-ID 1002:4349)
>
> Or is this something different like an IDE chipset with included SATA
> bridges or so?
>
> It is supported through the atiixp ide driver, but only really slow
> (10mb/s) - the same disks attached to an Intel SATA port give 30-40mb/s.

Should be ahci or sata_sil driver?

Jeff