2014-06-10 19:51:58

by Chris Ball

Subject: [GIT PULL] MMC updates for 3.16-rc1

Hi Linus,

Please pull from:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cjb/mmc.git tags/mmc-updates-for-3.16-rc1

to receive the MMC merge for 3.16. These patches have been tested in
linux-next, and there are three minor conflicts which I've resolved on
my mmc-updates-for-3.16-rc1-merged branch. Thanks.

The following changes since commit a798c10faf62a505d24e5f6213fbaf904a39623f:

Linux 3.15-rc2 (2014-04-20 11:08:50 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cjb/mmc.git tags/mmc-updates-for-3.16-rc1

for you to fetch changes up to 11bc9381b277a65ea4b3fe994e658f4a78512139:

mmc: sdhci-s3c: use mmc_of_parse and remove the card_tasklet (2014-06-04 18:59:12 -0400)

MMC highlights for 3.16:

Core:
- support HS400 mode of eMMC 5.0, via DT bindings mmc-hs400-1_{2,8}v
- if card init at 3.3v doesn't work, try 1.8v and 1.2v too

Drivers:
- moxart: New driver for MOXA ART SoCs
- rtsx_usb_sdmmc: New driver for Realtek USB card readers
- sdhci: Large rework around IRQ/regulator handling, remove card_tasklet
- sdhci-pci-o2micro: Add SeaBird SeaEagle SD3 support
- sunxi: New driver for Allwinner sunxi SoCs
- usdhi6rol0: New driver for Renesas SD/SDIO controller

Aisheng Dong (1):
mmc: sdhci-esdhc-imx: fix mmc ddr mode regression issue

Al Cooper (1):
mmc: sdhci: SD tuning is broken for some controllers

Alex Smith (1):
mmc: jz4740: don't wait for PRG_DONE after stop command with R1 response

Alexander Shiyan (3):
mmc: mxcmmc: Convert to devm-* API
mmc: mxcmmc: Convert to SIMPLE_DEV_PM_OPS
mmc: mxcmmc: Use mmc_regulator_get_supply() API

Alexandre Belloni (1):
mmc: atmel: don't test host->data

Andrew Bresticker (2):
mmc: tegra: disable UHS modes
mmc: tegra: fix reporting of base clock frequency

Arnd Bergmann (1):
mmc: rtsx: fix possible linking error if built-in

Axel Lin (4):
mmc: Convert to use ATTRIBUTE_GROUPS
mmc: sdhci-s3c: Remove unused define for NUM_GPIOS
mmc: omap: Use DIV_ROUND_UP instead of open coded
mmc: wmt-sdmmc: Use GFP_KERNEL instead of hard-coded value

Balaji T K (6):
mmc: omap_hsmmc: use devm_clk_get
mmc: omap_hsmmc: use devm_request_irq
mmc: omap_hsmmc: use devm_request_threaded_irq
mmc: omap_hsmmc: use devm_ioremap_resource
mmc: omap_hsmmc: fix cmd23 multiblock read/write
mmc: omap_hsmmc: split omap-dma header file

Daniel Willmann (1):
mmc: mxs: fix card detection function for broken card detect

David Lanzendörfer (1):
mmc: sunxi: Add driver for SD/MMC hosts found on Allwinner sunxi SoCs

Doug Anderson (1):
mmc: dw_mmc: Don't print data errors

Fabio Estevam (1):
mmc: card.h: Use NULL instead of 0 for END_FIXUP

Guennadi Liakhovetski (1):
mmc: add a driver for the Renesas usdhi6rol0 SD/SDIO host controller

Jaehoon Chung (8):
mmc: dw_mmc: use the mmc_of_parse() instead of local parser
mmc: dw_mmc: replace the bus_hz checking point
mmc: dw_mmc: remove unused member variable.
mmc: dw_mmc: fix minor coding style.
mmc: dw_mmc: remove unnecessary function.
mmc: dw_mmc: remove dw_mci_of_cd_gpio/wp_gpio()
mmc: dw_mmc: restore the card-present checking point
mmc: sdhci-s3c: use mmc_of_parse and remove the card_tasklet

Jonas Jensen (1):
mmc: moxart: Add MOXA ART SD/MMC driver

Markus Mayer (1):
mmc: Delay the card_event callback into the mmc_rescan worker

Micky Ching (1):
mmc: rtsx: add R1-no-CRC mmc command type handle

Nick Sanders (1):
mmc: sdhci: remove mdelay in eMMC tuning

Peter Guo (1):
mmc: sdhci-pci-o2micro: Add SeaBird SeaEagle SD3 support

Roger Tseng (1):
mmc: Add realtek USB sdmmc host driver

Russell King (31):
mmc: sdio_irq: rework sdio irq handling
mmc: sdhci: clean up interrupt handling
mmc: sdhci: clean up sdio interrupt enable handling
mmc: sdhci: convert to new SDIO IRQ handling
mmc: sdhci: push card_tasklet into threaded irq handler
mmc: sdhci: allow sdio interrupts while sdhci runtime suspended
mmc: sdhci: more efficient interrupt enable register handling
mmc: sdhci: plug hole in disabling card detection interrupts
mmc: sdhci: convert generic bus width setup to library function
mmc: sdhci: convert reset into a library function
mmc: sdhci: move FSL ESDHC reset handling quirk into esdhc code
mmc: sdhci: avoid sync'ing the SG if there's no misalignment
mmc: sdhci: convert ADMA descriptors to a coherent allocation
mmc: sdhci: clean up sdhci_update_clock()/sdhci_set_clock()
mmc: sdhci: move setting host->clock into sdhci_do_set_ios()
mmc: sdhci: move setting mmc->actual_clock into set_clock handlers
mmc: sdhci: convert sdhci_set_clock() into a library function
mmc: sdhci-esdhc-imx: avoid DMA to kernel stack
mmc: sdhci-esdhc-imx: comment runtime_pm_get_sync() in esdhc_prepare_tuning()
mmc: sdhci-esdhc-imx: fix lockdep splat upon tuning
mmc: sdhci: set_uhs_signaling() need not return a value
mmc: sdhci: convert sdhci_set_uhs_signaling() into a library function
mmc: sdhci: cache timing information locally
mmc: sdhci: clean up sdhci_execute_tuning() decision
mmc: sdhci-esdhc-imx: remove emulation of uhs_mode
mmc: sdhci-of-esdhc: remove platform_suspend/platform_resume callbacks
mmc: sdhci: remove platform_suspend/platform_resume callbacks
mmc: sdhci-tegra: get rid of special PRESENT_STATE register handling
mmc: sdhci: move regulator handling into sdhci_set_power()
mmc: sdhci: move remaining power handling into sdhci_set_power()
mmc: sdhci: track whether preset mode is currently enabled in hardware

Sachin Kamat (1):
mmc: dw_mmc: exynos: Staticize dw_mci_exynos_pmops

Sebastian Hesselbarth (4):
mmc: mvsdio: silence card detect notice
mmc: mvsdio: workaround for spurious irqs
mmc: dove: fix missing MACH_DOVE dependency
mmc: sdhci-dove: use mmc_of_parse() and remove card_tasklet CD handler

Seungwon Jeon (13):
mmc: clarify DDR timing mode between SD-UHS and eMMC
mmc: mmci: clarify DDR timing mode between SD-UHS and eMMC
mmc: omap: clarify DDR timing mode between SD-UHS and eMMC
mmc: sh_mmcif: clarify DDR timing mode between SD-UHS and eMMC
mmc: rtsx: clarify DDR timing mode between SD-UHS and eMMC
mmc: dw_mmc: clarify DDR timing mode between SD-UHS and eMMC
mmc: sdhci: clarify DDR timing mode between SD-UHS and eMMC
mmc: drop the speed mode of card's state
mmc: identify available device type to select
mmc: step power class after final selection of bus mode
mmc: rework selection of bus speed mode
mmc: add support for HS400 mode of eMMC5.0
mmc: core: add DT bindings for eMMC HS400 1.8/1.2V

Stefan Wahren (1):
mmc: core: Use maximum timeout values in case TACC field is zero

Tim Kryger (2):
mmc: core: Try other signal levels during power up
mmc: core: Improve support for deferred regulators

Ulf Hansson (4):
mmc: core: Invoke sdio func driver's PM callbacks from the sdio bus
MAINTAINERS: mmc: Update email for host driver maintainer
MAINTAINERS: mmc: Add path to git tree
mmc: sdhci-of-esdhc: Fixup compile error

Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/mmc.txt | 2 +
.../devicetree/bindings/mmc/moxa,moxart-mmc.txt | 30 +
.../devicetree/bindings/mmc/sunxi-mmc.txt | 43 +
.../devicetree/bindings/mmc/synopsys-dw-mshc.txt | 5 -
.../devicetree/bindings/mmc/usdhi6rol0.txt | 33 +
MAINTAINERS | 3 +-
drivers/mmc/core/bus.c | 9 +-
drivers/mmc/core/core.c | 52 +-
drivers/mmc/core/debugfs.c | 8 +-
drivers/mmc/core/host.c | 4 +
drivers/mmc/core/mmc.c | 678 ++++---
drivers/mmc/core/sd.c | 28 +-
drivers/mmc/core/sd.h | 1 -
drivers/mmc/core/sdio.c | 53 +-
drivers/mmc/core/sdio_bus.c | 14 +-
drivers/mmc/core/sdio_irq.c | 41 +-
drivers/mmc/core/slot-gpio.c | 4 +-
drivers/mmc/host/Kconfig | 31 +-
drivers/mmc/host/Makefile | 4 +
drivers/mmc/host/atmel-mci.c | 13 +-
drivers/mmc/host/dw_mmc-exynos.c | 7 +-
drivers/mmc/host/dw_mmc.c | 180 +-
drivers/mmc/host/dw_mmc.h | 2 -
drivers/mmc/host/jz4740_mmc.c | 11 +-
drivers/mmc/host/mmci.c | 6 +-
drivers/mmc/host/moxart-mmc.c | 730 ++++++++
drivers/mmc/host/mvsdio.c | 20 +-
drivers/mmc/host/mxcmmc.c | 140 +-
drivers/mmc/host/mxs-mmc.c | 7 +
drivers/mmc/host/omap.c | 10 +-
drivers/mmc/host/omap_hsmmc.c | 61 +-
drivers/mmc/host/rtsx_pci_sdmmc.c | 5 +
drivers/mmc/host/rtsx_usb_sdmmc.c | 1456 +++++++++++++++
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-acpi.c | 8 +
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-bcm-kona.c | 4 +
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-bcm2835.c | 4 +
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-cns3xxx.c | 13 +-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-dove.c | 78 +-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-esdhc-imx.c | 83 +-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-esdhc.h | 4 +-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-of-arasan.c | 4 +
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-of-esdhc.c | 70 +-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-of-hlwd.c | 4 +
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-pci-o2micro.c | 78 +-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-pci-o2micro.h | 3 +
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-pci.c | 9 +-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-pltfm.c | 4 +
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-pxav2.c | 14 +-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-pxav3.c | 13 +-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-s3c.c | 138 +-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-sirf.c | 4 +
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-spear.c | 5 +-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-tegra.c | 67 +-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci.c | 749 ++++----
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci.h | 20 +-
drivers/mmc/host/sh_mmcif.c | 9 +-
drivers/mmc/host/sunxi-mmc.c | 1049 +++++++++++
drivers/mmc/host/usdhi6rol0.c | 1847 ++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/mmc/host/wmt-sdmmc.c | 2 +-
drivers/net/wireless/rsi/rsi_91x_sdio.c | 4 +-
include/linux/mmc/card.h | 29 +-
include/linux/mmc/dw_mmc.h | 14 -
include/linux/mmc/host.h | 59 +-
include/linux/mmc/mmc.h | 23 +-
include/linux/mmc/sdhci.h | 15 +-
include/linux/omap-dma.h | 19 +-
include/linux/omap-dmaengine.h | 21 +
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/moxa,moxart-mmc.txt
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/sunxi-mmc.txt
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/usdhi6rol0.txt
create mode 100644 drivers/mmc/host/moxart-mmc.c
create mode 100644 drivers/mmc/host/rtsx_usb_sdmmc.c
create mode 100644 drivers/mmc/host/sunxi-mmc.c
create mode 100644 drivers/mmc/host/usdhi6rol0.c
create mode 100644 include/linux/omap-dmaengine.h

--
Chris Ball <http://printf.net/>

2014-06-10 21:51:02

by Linus Torvalds

Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] MMC updates for 3.16-rc1

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 12:51 PM, Chris Ball <[email protected]> wrote:

> These patches have been tested in
> linux-next, and there are three minor conflicts which I've resolved on
> my mmc-updates-for-3.16-rc1-merged branch.

Your merged branch is incorrect as far as I can tell, and dropped
commit a8246fedacad ("dmaengine: omap: hide filter_fn for built-in
drivers").

And I'm not sure why the sunxi driver (by David Lanzendörfer) and the
Realtek driver (by Roger Tseng) got merged in two different trees.
It's clearly the same patches and drivers, but I got them first
through the MFD tree (Realtek) and the clock tree (sunxi) trees and
now the MMC tree.

Don't you guys talk to each other? The Realtek driver is even marked
as Acked-by Chris Ball in the MFD tree.

Also, that new drivers/mmc/host/usdhi6rol0.c driver is one f*cking
noisy compile, and knisr certainly has never been tested in a 64-bit
environment. Please either fix it, or make it depend on BROKEN.

Grr.

Anyway, pulled, merged correctly, and pushed out..

Linus

2014-06-10 23:47:43

by Mike Turquette

Quoting Linus Torvalds (2014-06-10 14:50:59)
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 12:51 PM, Chris Ball <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > These patches have been tested in
> > linux-next, and there are three minor conflicts which I've resolved on
> > my mmc-updates-for-3.16-rc1-merged branch.
>
> Your merged branch is incorrect as far as I can tell, and dropped
> commit a8246fedacad ("dmaengine: omap: hide filter_fn for built-in
> drivers").
>
> And I'm not sure why the sunxi driver (by David Lanzendörfer) and the
> Realtek driver (by Roger Tseng) got merged in two different trees.
> It's clearly the same patches and drivers, but I got them first
> through the MFD tree (Realtek) and the clock tree (sunxi) trees and
> now the MMC tree.

Bummer. The sunxi mmc driver came through the clock tree to handle a
linux-next merge issue. Pics or it didn't happen:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/6/2/696

Regards,
Mike

> Don't you guys talk to each other? The Realtek driver is even marked
> as Acked-by Chris Ball in the MFD tree.
>
> Also, that new drivers/mmc/host/usdhi6rol0.c driver is one f*cking
> noisy compile, and knisr certainly has never been tested in a 64-bit
> environment. Please either fix it, or make it depend on BROKEN.
>
> Grr.
>
> Anyway, pulled, merged correctly, and pushed out..
>
> Linus

2014-06-12 04:27:34

by Linus Torvalds

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 2:50 PM, Linus Torvalds
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Also, that new drivers/mmc/host/usdhi6rol0.c driver is one f*cking
> noisy compile, and knisr certainly has never been tested in a 64-bit
> environment. Please either fix it, or make it depend on BROKEN.

Guys? Seriously, if that driver isn't fixed, I'm going to mark it
broken myself. It pretty much generates as many lines of warnings as
the rest of my "allmodconfig" build combined.

It's extremely annoying, and the crazy warnings are likely to hide
potential real problems elsewhere, so right now that driver has
negative value. I do a lot of allmodconfig builds during the merge
window, and I am not going to look at that warning much longer.

Fix it promptly, or it gets disabled.

Linus

2014-06-12 05:25:42

by Guennadi Liakhovetski

Hi Linus,

On Wed, 11 Jun 2014, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 2:50 PM, Linus Torvalds
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > Also, that new drivers/mmc/host/usdhi6rol0.c driver is one f*cking
> > noisy compile, and knisr certainly has never been tested in a 64-bit
> > environment. Please either fix it, or make it depend on BROKEN.
>
> Guys? Seriously, if that driver isn't fixed, I'm going to mark it
> broken myself. It pretty much generates as many lines of warnings as
> the rest of my "allmodconfig" build combined.
>
> It's extremely annoying, and the crazy warnings are likely to hide
> potential real problems elsewhere, so right now that driver has
> negative value. I do a lot of allmodconfig builds during the merge
> window, and I am not going to look at that warning much longer.
>
> Fix it promptly, or it gets disabled.

I sent a patch a few hours ago:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/4338531/ Since it's only changing print
format strings, it should be a trivial one to review, so, just waiting for
Chris to pick it up and push it to you. Sorry about the trouble.

Thanks
Guennadi

2014-06-12 06:41:43

by Ulf Hansson

On 12 June 2014 07:25, Guennadi Liakhovetski <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Linus,
>
> On Wed, 11 Jun 2014, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 2:50 PM, Linus Torvalds
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Also, that new drivers/mmc/host/usdhi6rol0.c driver is one f*cking
>> > noisy compile, and knisr certainly has never been tested in a 64-bit
>> > environment. Please either fix it, or make it depend on BROKEN.
>>
>> Guys? Seriously, if that driver isn't fixed, I'm going to mark it
>> broken myself. It pretty much generates as many lines of warnings as
>> the rest of my "allmodconfig" build combined.
>>
>> It's extremely annoying, and the crazy warnings are likely to hide
>> potential real problems elsewhere, so right now that driver has
>> negative value. I do a lot of allmodconfig builds during the merge
>> window, and I am not going to look at that warning much longer.
>>
>> Fix it promptly, or it gets disabled.
>
> I sent a patch a few hours ago:
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/4338531/ Since it's only changing print
> format strings, it should be a trivial one to review, so, just waiting for
> Chris to pick it up and push it to you. Sorry about the trouble.

I pick it up, and likely together with few other fixes and send a PR
to Linus in a few hours.

Kind regards
Ulf Hansson

> Thanks
> Guennadi

by Lee Jones

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 12:51 PM, Chris Ball <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > These patches have been tested in
> > linux-next, and there are three minor conflicts which I've resolved on
> > my mmc-updates-for-3.16-rc1-merged branch.
>
> Your merged branch is incorrect as far as I can tell, and dropped
> commit a8246fedacad ("dmaengine: omap: hide filter_fn for built-in
> drivers").
>
> And I'm not sure why the sunxi driver (by David Lanzendörfer) and the
> Realtek driver (by Roger Tseng) got merged in two different trees.
> It's clearly the same patches and drivers, but I got them first
> through the MFD tree (Realtek) and the clock tree (sunxi) trees and
> now the MMC tree.
>
> Don't you guys talk to each other? The Realtek driver is even marked
> as Acked-by Chris Ball in the MFD tree.

Yes, we do talk to each other. Branch ib-mfd-mmc-memstick-3.16 was
created as a result. Based on no facts at all, I'm guessing that the
shared (immutable) branch wasn't applied correctly in the MMC tree.

--
Lee Jones
Linaro STMicroelectronics Landing Team Lead

2014-06-12 12:19:10

by Chris Ball

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 12 2014, Lee Jones wrote:
>> And I'm not sure why the sunxi driver (by David Lanzendörfer) and the
>> Realtek driver (by Roger Tseng) got merged in two different trees.
>> It's clearly the same patches and drivers, but I got them first
>> through the MFD tree (Realtek) and the clock tree (sunxi) trees and
>> now the MMC tree.
>>
>> Don't you guys talk to each other? The Realtek driver is even marked
>> as Acked-by Chris Ball in the MFD tree.
>
> Yes, we do talk to each other. Branch ib-mfd-mmc-memstick-3.16 was
> created as a result. Based on no facts at all, I'm guessing that the
> shared (immutable) branch wasn't applied correctly in the MMC tree.

Yes, our fault -- I gave my Ack, but then Ulf sent me the driver in his
PR and I pulled it. Sorry for all the trouble, it was the first cycle
with Ulf and I co-maintaining, and a larger set of commits than usual.
We'll make sure to do better.

Thanks,

- Chris.
--