2019-01-29 02:03:51

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the spi tree

Hi all,

After merging the spi tree, today's linux-next build (KCONFIG_NAME)
produced this warning:

WARNING: modpost: missing MODULE_LICENSE() in drivers/spi/spi-nxp-fspi.o
see include/linux/module.h for more information

Introduced by commit

a5356aef6a90 ("spi: spi-mem: Add driver for NXP FlexSPI controller")

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2019-01-29 06:58:16

by Yogesh Narayan Gaur

Hi,

Can someone help in pointing out that why above warning message is coming for mentioned commit.
Below MODULE_LICENSE string is present in the above mentioned file, drivers/spi/spi-nxp-fspi.c.
MODULE_LICENSE("GPL v2");

Yogesh Gaur
> Introduced by commit
>
> a5356aef6a90 ("spi: spi-mem: Add driver for NXP FlexSPI controller")
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Stephen Rothwell

2019-01-29 07:25:50

by Frieder Schrempf

On 29.01.19 07:57, Yogesh Narayan Gaur wrote:
> Hi,

No, it is not present. Look at your patches [1] or at spi-next [2].
MODULE_LICENSE is definitely missing.

In patchwork the missing line was appended to the commit message instead
of the actual patch for some reason.

[1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10764347/
[2]
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/spi.git/commit/?h=for-next&id=a5356aef6a907c2e2aed0caaa2b88b6021394471

2019-01-29 08:28:11

by Stephen Rothwell

Hi Yogesh,

On Tue, 29 Jan 2019 06:57:51 +0000 Yogesh Narayan Gaur <[email protected]> wrote:

> > WARNING: modpost: missing MODULE_LICENSE() in drivers/spi/spi-nxp-fspi.o
> > see include/linux/module.h for more information
> >
> Can someone help in pointing out that why above warning message is coming for mentioned commit.
> Below MODULE_LICENSE string is present in the above mentioned file, drivers/spi/spi-nxp-fspi.c.
> MODULE_LICENSE("GPL v2");

The version in linux-next has no such line.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2019-01-29 08:41:00

by Yogesh Narayan Gaur

Hi Stephen,

Yes, somehow this missing line was appended to the commit message instead of the actual in patchwork, also being pointed out by Frieder in his reply.
Sorry for this.

I have send fix patch for this warning message [1]. Please check the patch and apply.

Yogesh Gaur

[1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1032586/