2021-08-22 21:57:12

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: Fixes tag needs some work in the net tree

Hi all,

In commit

9cf448c200ba ("ip6_gre: add validation for csum_start")

Fixes tag

Fixes: Fixes: b05229f44228 ("gre6: Cleanup GREv6 transmit path, call common

has these problem(s):

- Extra word "Fixes:"

Also, please do not split Fixes tags over more than one line.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2021-08-24 02:13:29

by Shreyansh Chouhan

Hi Stephen,

Apologies for the wrong fixes tag.

Since the patch is already in the tree, (and since this is the first
time I am facing this,) I wanted to ask if I should resend the patch
with the correct fixes tag to fix this.

Thank you for your review.

Regards,
Shreyansh Chouhan

On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 07:54:32AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In commit
>
> 9cf448c200ba ("ip6_gre: add validation for csum_start")
>
> Fixes tag
>
> Fixes: Fixes: b05229f44228 ("gre6: Cleanup GREv6 transmit path, call common
>
> has these problem(s):
>
> - Extra word "Fixes:"
>
> Also, please do not split Fixes tags over more than one line.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Stephen Rothwell

2021-08-24 02:33:59

by Stephen Rothwell

Hi Shreyansh,

On Tue, 24 Aug 2021 07:42:31 +0530 Shreyansh Chouhan <[email protected]> wrote:

> Apologies for the wrong fixes tag.
>
> Since the patch is already in the tree, (and since this is the first
> time I am facing this,) I wanted to ask if I should resend the patch
> with the correct fixes tag to fix this.

The only way it can be fixed is to rebase the tree it is in. However,
Dave does not rebase his trees, so you should just take this as a
learning experience and remember for next time.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature