2022-07-14 09:46:50

by Lee Jones

Subject: LED Maintainership

Pavel, et al.,

Not sure what's going on behind the scenes, but it looks as though the
LED subsystem has been left unmaintained for at least 2 months now.

Does anyone have any objection to me stepping in as temporary
maintainer until the situation is resolved?

Kind regards,
Lee

--
Lee Jones [李琼斯]
Principal Technical Lead - Developer Services

2022-07-14 10:15:33

by Greg KH

Subject: Re: LED Maintainership

On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 10:41:02AM +0100, Lee Jones wrote:
> Pavel, et al.,
>
> Not sure what's going on behind the scenes, but it looks as though the
> LED subsystem has been left unmaintained for at least 2 months now.
>
> Does anyone have any objection to me stepping in as temporary
> maintainer until the situation is resolved?

No objection from me, it would be nice to see LED patches flowing again
into the tree.

Pavel, any objections?

greg k-h

2022-07-14 11:36:58

by Andy Shevchenko

On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 10:41:02AM +0100, Lee Jones wrote:
> Pavel, et al.,
>
> Not sure what's going on behind the scenes, but it looks as though the
> LED subsystem has been left unmaintained for at least 2 months now.
>
> Does anyone have any objection to me stepping in as temporary
> maintainer until the situation is resolved?

Vote for support the idea, thanks, Lee!

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

2022-07-14 12:07:31

by Pavel Machek

Hi!

> Not sure what's going on behind the scenes, but it looks as though the
> LED subsystem has been left unmaintained for at least 2 months now.

> Does anyone have any objection to me stepping in as temporary
> maintainer until the situation is resolved?

Yes, I'm a bit busy and would not mind help.

There's a lot of easy stuff in the LED -- drivers not introducing new
APIs -- and some quite tricky stuff -- userland API leaves... a lot to
be desired, and we are in the middle of defining multicolor API.

I wanted to ask Marek (in cc now) if he would be interested in
helping. He knows the APIs / issues, and actually has multicolor LEDs
he cares about. Marek, are you interested?

If Marek is not interested, yes, help with the driver stuff would be
welcome.

Best regards,

Pavel
--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.

Attachments:
(No filename) (893.00 B)
signature.asc (201.00 B)

by Lee Jones

On Thu, 14 Jul 2022, Pavel Machek wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > Not sure what's going on behind the scenes, but it looks as though the
> > LED subsystem has been left unmaintained for at least 2 months now.
>
> > Does anyone have any objection to me stepping in as temporary
> > maintainer until the situation is resolved?
>
> Yes, I'm a bit busy and would not mind help.
>
> There's a lot of easy stuff in the LED -- drivers not introducing new
> APIs -- and some quite tricky stuff -- userland API leaves... a lot to
> be desired, and we are in the middle of defining multicolor API.
>
> I wanted to ask Marek (in cc now) if he would be interested in
> helping. He knows the APIs / issues, and actually has multicolor LEDs
> he cares about. Marek, are you interested?
>
> If Marek is not interested, yes, help with the driver stuff would be
> welcome.

No problem. The offer still stands.

I guess Marek and I aren't mutually exclusive either.

Any harm in us both helping out (if Marek is also interested that is)?

--
Lee Jones [李琼斯]
Principal Technical Lead - Developer Services
Linaro.org │ Open source software for Arm SoCs
Follow Linaro: Facebook | Twitter | Blog

2022-07-14 20:40:48

by Marek Behún

On Thu, 14 Jul 2022 13:14:19 +0100
Lee Jones <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Jul 2022, Pavel Machek wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > > Not sure what's going on behind the scenes, but it looks as though the
> > > LED subsystem has been left unmaintained for at least 2 months now.
> >
> > > Does anyone have any objection to me stepping in as temporary
> > > maintainer until the situation is resolved?
> >
> > Yes, I'm a bit busy and would not mind help.
> >
> > There's a lot of easy stuff in the LED -- drivers not introducing new
> > APIs -- and some quite tricky stuff -- userland API leaves... a lot to
> > be desired, and we are in the middle of defining multicolor API.
> >
> > I wanted to ask Marek (in cc now) if he would be interested in
> > helping. He knows the APIs / issues, and actually has multicolor LEDs
> > he cares about. Marek, are you interested?
> >
> > If Marek is not interested, yes, help with the driver stuff would be
> > welcome.
>
> No problem. The offer still stands.
>
> I guess Marek and I aren't mutually exclusive either.
>
> Any harm in us both helping out (if Marek is also interested that is)?

Hello Lee, Pavel,

I am interested, but unfortunately I won't have much time for reviewing
patches until september.

From september, I would be open to co-maintaining.

Marek

2022-07-30 21:32:10

by Pavel Machek

Hi!

> > > Yes, I'm a bit busy and would not mind help.
> > >
> > > There's a lot of easy stuff in the LED -- drivers not introducing new
> > > APIs -- and some quite tricky stuff -- userland API leaves... a lot to
> > > be desired, and we are in the middle of defining multicolor API.
> > >
> > > I wanted to ask Marek (in cc now) if he would be interested in
> > > helping. He knows the APIs / issues, and actually has multicolor LEDs
> > > he cares about. Marek, are you interested?
> > >
> > > If Marek is not interested, yes, help with the driver stuff would be
> > > welcome.
> >
> > No problem. The offer still stands.
> >
> > I guess Marek and I aren't mutually exclusive either.
> >
> > Any harm in us both helping out (if Marek is also interested that is)?
>
> Hello Lee, Pavel,
>
> I am interested, but unfortunately I won't have much time for reviewing
> patches until september.
>
> From september, I would be open to co-maintaining.

Thanks a lot, lets do that in September.

Best regards,
Pavel

--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.24 kB)
signature.asc (201.00 B)

by Pavel Machek

Hi!

> > No problem. The offer still stands.
> >
> > I guess Marek and I aren't mutually exclusive either.
> >
> > Any harm in us both helping out (if Marek is also interested that is)?
>
> Hello Lee, Pavel,
>
> I am interested, but unfortunately I won't have much time for reviewing
> patches until september.
>
> From september, I would be open to co-maintaining.

Ok, lets do it? Do you want to submit line into MAINTAINERS file? :-).

Best regards,
Pavel
--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.

Attachments:
(No filename) (565.00 B)
signature.asc (201.00 B)

by Andy Shevchenko

On Tue, Sep 20, 2022 at 10:53:53AM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:

> > > No problem. The offer still stands.
> > >
> > > I guess Marek and I aren't mutually exclusive either.
> > >
> > > Any harm in us both helping out (if Marek is also interested that is)?
> >
> > Hello Lee, Pavel,
> >
> > I am interested, but unfortunately I won't have much time for reviewing
> > patches until september.
> >
> > From september, I would be open to co-maintaining.
>
> Ok, lets do it? Do you want to submit line into MAINTAINERS file? :-).

Any news here?
I think somebody can submit a patch and stakeholders can Ack it?

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko