2023-04-20 03:09:43

by André Coelho

Subject: strings

greeting...if youre interessed in string algorihtm check

https://andrealbergaria.github.io/

thanks in advnace

andre

2023-04-21 04:24:42

by Bagas Sanjaya

Subject: Re: strings

On Thu, Apr 20, 2023 at 03:58:47AM +0100, André Coelho wrote:
> greeting...if youre interessed in string algorihtm check
>
> https://andrealbergaria.github.io/

Looks like above link is about hex arithmetic implemented using strings,
right?

And the licensing is similar to Qt: it is opensource (GPLed), but there is
a commercial offering for proprietary projects.

Also, on what use cases can your idea fit the kernel context? Or doesn't the
kernel already have the implementation yet? Perhaps better implement as
userspace library? If it is the case, I'd like to see actual patch series
implementing your idea (see Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst for
how to submit your patch).

Thanks!

--
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara

Attachments:
(No filename) (788.00 B)
signature.asc (235.00 B)

by Willy Tarreau

[dropped innocents from the CC list]

On Fri, Apr 21, 2023 at 11:20:58AM +0700, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 20, 2023 at 03:58:47AM +0100, Andr? Coelho wrote:
> > greeting...if youre interessed in string algorihtm check
> >
> > https://andrealbergaria.github.io/
> >

> Looks like above link is about hex arithmetic implemented using strings,
> right?

It looks more like a reinvention of the classical multi-byte string
processing (memcmp, memcpy, memmove etc).

> Also, on what use cases can your idea fit the kernel context? Or doesn't the
> kernel already have the implementation yet?

Sure it does, look at __crypto_memneq() for example, or more generally
at any memcmp() or memcpy() implementation from the last 30 years, for
example in glibc.

Regards,
Willy

2023-04-21 12:24:24

by Bagas Sanjaya

On 4/21/23 13:34, Willy Tarreau wrote:

>> Looks like above link is about hex arithmetic implemented using strings,
>> right?
>
> It looks more like a reinvention of the classical multi-byte string
> processing (memcmp, memcpy, memmove etc).
>
>> Also, on what use cases can your idea fit the kernel context? Or doesn't the
>> kernel already have the implementation yet?
>
> Sure it does, look at __crypto_memneq() for example, or more generally
> at any memcmp() or memcpy() implementation from the last 30 years, for
> example in glibc.

Thanks for explanation! I don't have any serious C[++] programming
background, so I was confused when I wrote the original reply.

--
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara